The Crown

RhondaPerr

Our very first cruise back in 1987 on a very small ship was my first and last time on a small ship! We were pretty poor back then and could only afford the cheapest cabin! We hit such rough seas that people had to go out in the hall to finish getting dressed..makeup hair etc! It was the only place that you did not feel as seasick, and the only place where you did not get rolled into a closet! You got to know your fellow passengers well, because inevitably someone would end up on a lap, knocking someone over, or just giving up and sitting on the floor because there was no way you could walk any further! We laughed more on that cruise than any other!

QUOTE=NewPennCruiser;31730580]Thanks for this post and a good laugh on my first day back at work after the Holiday weekend. I'm reminded of my very first cruise a few years back when we did an Australian cruise on the Sapphire Princess. Our flight from LAX to Auckland was horrible and by the time we got there everyone was running off the plane. We found out quickly they had misplaced our luggage and it was heading to India. We eventually got all three bags back at 3 different ports at different times along the cruise. And the crossing of the Tasman Sea was an adventure if there ever was one. The seas were so rough all shows were cancelled, the pools lost all their water, people were getting sick everywhere, outside decks were closed and it was difficult to even walk around. By the time we got to Hobart, everyone got off the ship to stand on solid ground for the day. But I still say this was my favorite cruise and we have gone on to cruise 6 more times.... most of them a lot less "adventuresome" then the first.

We sailed on the Crown last year and are looking forward to another trip again in February.... and I can't wait to be back at sea.

Dave

Hi Rhonda

Best time is first thing in the morning grab a coffee and post away as soon as the rest of the ship gets up it slows to a crawl,

we had diner on the Crown this summer as guests of Princess when she was in Scotland. So have a soft spot for the Crown.

You need to take a Princess cruise around Scotland

yours Shogun

We were on the Crown last July....that is how we toured Scotland :)

Hi Rhonda

Best time is first thing in the morning grab a coffee and post away as soon as the rest of the ship gets up it slows to a crawl,

we had diner on the Crown this summer as guests of Princess when she was in Scotland. So have a soft spot for the Crown.

You need to take a Princess cruise around Scotland

yours Shogun

Sorry can not remember what we did there! I do not recall what was the Tattoo? I just remember loch ness, lochmond....

Hi Rhonda

It would have been the August call into Greenock, that we visited,

did you go to the tattoo.

yours Shogun

Ohhh no we were there in July. We were at the grounds where it takes place! I remember our guide describing it to us! I think it had not started yet!

QUOTE=Shogun;31731669]Hi Rhonda

depending on cruise, tattoo might not have started

yours Shogun

Thanks, Rhonda. We board the Crown on Saturday, and while I've been following some of the negative threads, I will only think of yours from now on.

Mo

Great idea for you. There is also a live from thread by Hulagirl who is on the Crown. There are also two other posters on that thread that are on the ship right now as well. They are all having a great time. Enjoy your time on the Crown. I wish I was getting ready to sail her!

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread :) When it was snowing very hard this morning with temps hovering in the mid-30s, all I could think about was the warm Caribbean sun, soft ocean breezes, relaxing on my Baja balcony, exercising in the Lotus Spa pool, dinner in the Crown Grill... January 28 can't come soon enough!

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Snowing - yuck, we were hoping it would stay dry (other than the little we got the day before we left). DO you know if lower Wisconsin got any? Yes, Jan 28 will be here before you know it. Seems the older I get, the faster the days go by.

We had a tougher winter than you guys in the Midwest did last year! It was relentless! I can not say I am lamenting over the lack of snow lol.... We already had 14 inches in Oct. We have also been through a hurricane and earthquake this year....do not even want to imagine what is next :)

No snow :( It should be white around here this time of year.:(

Snowing - yuck, we were hoping it would stay dry (other than the little we got the day before we left). DO you know if lower Wisconsin got any? Yes, Jan 28 will be here before you know it. Seems the older I get, the faster the days go by.

It snowed off & on yesterday but there wasn't much accumulation. The system came up from the south and was widespread throughout the region. No major weather for the next few days, so you should get home without a hitch.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Chris

Please post whatever you can as soon as you can, if it suits you. We'll be sailing on 2/4.

Between DH (GoBlueCruiser) and I, we should be able to post daily from the ship - depending on ease of internet access ;)

We plan to put away holiday decorations this weekend and bring the luggage upstairs so that we can start getting organized for our cruise. We fly to FLL on the 26th and will spend two nights at the Renaissance.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived