Early Saver & price change - Past Guest & Over 55 rates apply?

blue_water

I'm about to make the final payment, I booked with the Early Saver rate. I checked the current rate with the fare viewer and if I select the "Past Guest" and "Over 55" options the current rate is $59 lower than what I booked this category for. If I don't select these options the current rate is $40 higher.

I checked the current rate through carnival reps and through our TA and they both state the rate as $40 higher. So they are both saying these Past Guest and Over 55 discounts are not applicable because I purchased using the Early Saver rate.

Anyone have different experiences where you could apply these additional discounts even though you booked using the early saver rate rather than past guest?

I'm about to make the final payment, I booked with the Early Saver rate. I checked the current rate with the fare viewer and if I select the "Past Guest" and "Over 55" options the current rate is $59 lower than what I booked this category for. If I don't select these options the current rate is $40 higher.

I checked the current rate through carnival reps and through our TA and they both state the rate as $40 higher. So they are both saying these Past Guest and Over 55 discounts are not applicable because I purchased using the Early Saver rate.

Anyone have different experiences where you could apply these additional discounts even though you booked using the early saver rate rather than past guest?

You should qualify for the lowest published rate for the same category that you qualify for. So if the "Over 55" applies to you, you qualify, if the "Past Guest" rate allows you to select a cabin category and it's lower than your rate you should qualify.

Just submit the ES form and tell them the base price of your cabin category using the additional criteria and where and when you saw the rate.

OK, Thanks. Do we submit the form to Carnival even though we booked through a TA? The TA was going to apply the price reduction to our final pmt but upon checking they found the rate to be higher (they didn't use the past guest rate).

Don't I have to go through the TA to request the credit be applied?

OK, Thanks. Do we submit the form to Carnival even though we booked through a TA? The TA was going to apply the price reduction to our final pmt but upon checking they found the rate to be higher (they didn't use the past guest rate).

Don't I have to go through the TA to request the credit be applied?

Since it affects the TAs commission you are supposed to go thru them, but some have managed to submit the form by pretending to be the TA.

Technically you might be rejected for submitting it yourself, some have, but some got thru too.

put the TAs email, not yours on the submission? so it seems to come from them, but then, they would not reply to you so you would know if it was approved .. so that probably isnt a good idea. I dont know.. I use a PVP for ES bookings, so I can submit it myself.

Since it affects the TAs commission you are supposed to go thru them, but some have managed to submit the form by pretending to be the TA.

Technically you might be rejected for submitting it yourself, some have, but some got thru too.

put the TAs email, not yours on the submission? so it seems to come from them, but then, they would not reply to you so you would know if it was approved .. so that probably isnt a good idea. I dont know.. I use a PVP for ES bookings, so I can submit it myself.

Sorry, but that's not how it works. The TA has a form that they submit from their online booking engine, not the same as the one the customer submits so there's no pretending. The OP need to let their TA submit the form.

CCL informed the TA that the $59 lower price I am seeing in the fare viewer pricing does not include all fees (not clear what these are). I don't see an option to continue through the results screen at that point to see any other taxes or fees.

I tried a mock booking through the "normal" booking engine. Using the Fun Select rate which allows you to select your cabin the price is much higher than my early saver booking rate (+$500). Using the Fun Saver rate where we cannot select our cabin the price is still ~$80 higher. Neither of these agree with the fare viewer pricing.

So in summary, the current price I'm seeing in the fare viewer (using the past guest discount option) is $59 less than our booking price. The current price as stated by the CCL rep to the TA (who agreed with CCL) is ~$40 higher than our booking price. This price jives with the fare viewer price if I DO NOT select the Past Guest discount option in the fare viewer screen. Since both CCL and the TA confirmed that this discount would apply I do not understand why we're having this $99 discrepancy ($59 savings vs $40 increase). And because their current quote matches the fare viewer minus the past guest discount I don't think it's the fees that are the difference (unless the $ amount is a coincidence)...

Archived