Live aboard Mariner 12-27

chicagogal

Eric,

I'm using an iPad. I did have the "computer guy" adjust the settings on my iPad but that didn't seem to help. Late last night the signal was great, probably due to fewer users, as you have stated. Right now I am on the pool deck while we are in the port of Belize and while most people are off on excursions it seems to be working much better.

Eric,

I'm using an iPad. I did have the "computer guy" adjust the settings on my iPad but that didn't seem to help. Late last night the signal was great, probably due to fewer users, as you have stated. Right now I am on the pool deck while we are in the port of Belize and while most people are off on excursions it seems to be working much better.

SuzCruise - Sorry you missed the Belize ziplining. One of the best ports for doing tree tops. But then, that pool deck is great when you have it to yourself. See my Belize zipline report here:

http://awesome.webplus.net/BelizeZipline/

Only zipline ride better for what it takes you across is in Alaska.

Jack Morris

DH did the ziplining. I am very glad I missed it. I discovered on a ziplining excursion on our last Mariner cruise that I am afraid of heights.

Today we are in Cozemel for a second day as Grand Cayman was skipped due to weather. So this makes it another day that I won't step food on soil. We didnt choose this cruise for the iten., so we are not upset. We were looking forward to GC though.

I am very impressed that they did react to the mid cruise comment cards. There is now music later in the lounges while people wait for dinner. The musical choices are still a bit "old" for my taste. They still insist on doing karaoke in the Stars lounge each night after dinner. The host has to drag people up to do it except for a couple of people who seem to love it (though they are awful!). Really wish they would skip that and just play some dance music. At least give it a try one night.

Tomorrow is a sea day and then we have to go home. Very sad.

Gotta go work on my tan!

Internet is free to Seven Seas Members Silver and above. This requires 21 nites on Regent. For people who are new to Regent or have cruised less than 21 nites, there is a charge for Internet.

A BIG charge I might add. That is why I haven't posted much. I have certainly had time since nearly every one of our shore excursions has been cancelled. And our Grand Caymen port was skipped entirely today. (they substituted a second day in Cozumel) we have not had cooperative seas much at all. It has not been really rough but rough enough to cancel all the water based activities. It was a real disappointment to us! Especially since they are built into the price of the cruise and you get no refunds (or anything else)

Chicagogal, sorry your husband's deep sea fishing trip got cancelled. We did this excursion last year. They only have two boats, and the guys who do it are both in their 20s, remind me of my 2 sons. So I can understand why they might have mechanical issues. But it was a fun excursion.

We wil see how the wifi connectivity is next week with my new iPad.

Thanks Rachael. My husband and his friend went ashore and found other boats going out. They hooked up with some other people (at a higher price than that on Mariner) and went anyway. They caught 11 mahi and it has been the highlight of the trip for him. Pretty much everything else we planned to do except a great Mayan ruin trip in Belize has been cancelled.

Patty

Thanks Rachael. My husband and his friend went ashore and found other boats going out. They hooked up with some other people (at a higher price than that on Mariner) and went anyway. They caught 11 mahi and it has been the highlight of the trip for him. Pretty much everything else we planned to do except a great Mayan ruin trip in Belize has been cancelled.

Patty

Hi Patty,

Hopped over here to see how your Regent Holiday cruise is going - sorry to hear of all the 'mishaps', hopefully our May cruise will be smoother sailing!!! Which Mayan excrusion did you do in Belize - I did the New River high speed boat trip and the Lamanai ruins a few years ago and thought it was a great excursion...

Anne

Hi Patty,

Hopped over here to see how your Regent Holiday cruise is going - sorry to hear of all the 'mishaps', hopefully our May cruise will be smoother sailing!!! Which Mayan excrusion did you do in Belize - I did the New River high speed boat trip and the Lamanai ruins a few years ago and thought it was a great excursion...

Anne

Hi Anne, I forgot to check back here - we did the same ruins trip as you and LOVED the tour. Our guide was great and so was our boat driver and assistant. It turned into a mini bird watching trip, too. We saw about 20 species of birds as well as many crocodiles and 2 monkeys.

Archived