Cruising with the oldies ( 80 +)

Boatingmom

Looking for a great cruise to do with 82 yo parents and 8 & 6 yo kids. Mother is a bit forgetful, unstable and in a wheelchair but father srill insists on a family vacation. We've already done Carnival, Norwegian RCCL and Disney with the children. We've done both the Eastern and Western Route. I was looking at HAL. Any other suggestions on ships, cruiselines or itinerarys???

Help please !!!

pretty experienced in cruising with your family. We are trying Princess this time - because I find that the kids program is the most important factor in all of us enjoying ourselves. We did RCCL last time, and I really appreciated being able to leave the kids on ship while we went ashore at port for a while. AHH! a vacation for ME.

We did Hawaii, and the Southern Caribbean with a large family group that included my grandfather - age 87 at the last cruise and my children - ages 5 and 7 at the last cruise. Hawaii was great for my grandfather - it was one of the places he had never been - but I would have waited until my girls were older (they were 4 and 5 then) to go if they had been the only factor.

The Southern Caribbean was enjoyable for all us - something for everyone.

Tendering was VERY difficult - I would definately look for an itinerary/ship combination that had only 1 or no tender transfers to port.

Good Luck and enjoy your next cruise!

We are going on a family reunion cruise on the Carnival Legend in Nov. The cruise is to Panama - 8 days. We chose this cruise because the itinerary seems to have something for all ages - not just beaches. Our family ranges in age from 4 to 89. We would have considered a differnet line if the ages where not so varried. This cruise ship seems to offer something for everyone.

Archived