Best Hotels in Galveston?

rosemont5380

We are driving from Michigan to Texas and looking for a nice hotel in the Galveston area that's close to the cruise terminal. We would prefer having a hotel that has free parking, but not needed if it's not available. Any suggestions. And by the way, there will be 5 of us.

We are driving from Michigan to Texas and looking for a nice hotel in the Galveston area that's close to the cruise terminal. We would prefer having a hotel that has free parking, but not needed if it's not available. Any suggestions. And by the way, there will be 5 of us.

Our favorite hotels are The Galvez, the Tremont House (2 blocks from the pier) and The Hilton. Galvez and Hilton are on the seawall. I know a lot of folks stay at the Harbor House. We've never stayed there but it is very convenient for cruise passengers.

You need to decide if you want to stay on

1. Gulf of Mexico Beach Area (where most hotels and motels are)

2. Historic Old Town Strand Port Terminal Area (Tremont and Harbor House)

3. Bayside Area (2) Moody Gardens Hotels

4. Motels on highway coming into Galveston

In my opinion

St Luis, Hilton, Moody Gardens, Tremont, Galvez and Harbor House

are the better hotels.

Many other nice ones also though!

Two brand new ones are Country Inn and Sheridan Four Points

Tremont and Harbor House are 2 blocks to terminal.

Everything is close though!

All hotel/motels are just two to four miles from terminal anyway.

Island is two miles wide (Port to Gulf)

pdficon.gifHouston Map PDF

Download Houston-area map in PDF Format:

Houston Metrodotline.gifpdficon.gifGalveston Island Map PDF

Download Galveston-area map in PDF Format (note: this is a large, 11' wide, print-quality map, so please be patient):

Galveston (B&W)

---------------------------------

We stayed at Country Inn last time we sailed. It was clean, walking distance to The Spot & across the street from the gulf. They offered free wifi & continental breakfast. They also had an exercise room & an indoor pool. I don't remember exactly what we paid but it wasn't expensive. On the morning of the cruise, DH & I got up around 5 am & walked to the terminal to watch our ship arrive. It took maybe 20 minutes to walk it. I'd stay there again but I really wanted to try Harbor House.

This year, we have reservations at Harbor House. I was able to get 2 rooms for 1 night in March for $125 each. Very excited! Would definitely recommend Country Inn, though!

My husband and I stayed at Four Points Sheraton on Seawall in December. I got it for $60 on a priceline bid, and they did provide free parking. We did a B2B, so our car was there for 9 days. Came back to it still there, perfectly fine. The taxi from the hotel to the port was about $12.. They did offer shuttles but it was (I think) $7 a person so I figured we'd just take a taxi and leave when we were ready instead of waiting for the shuttle to leave.

We booked the Hotel Galvez for 2 nites at $219/nite before our upcoming July cruise. We are going to valet park for those 2 nites at $15/nite, leave our car there for 7 days at no charge and use their shuttle to get to and from the terminal. The Galvez looks like a great place to stay and they were very responsive to my many email inquiries. Getting hyped. :D

My husband and I stayed at Four Points Sheraton on Seawall in December. I got it for $60 on a priceline bid, and they did provide free parking. We did a B2B, so our car was there for 9 days. Came back to it still there, perfectly fine. The taxi from the hotel to the port was about $12.. They did offer shuttles but it was (I think) $7 a person so I figured we'd just take a taxi and leave when we were ready instead of waiting for the shuttle to leave.

How was this hotel? I just booked it for the night before our cruise in February.

How was this hotel? I just booked it for the night before our cruise in February.

Have not read anthing negative about it!

It was totally refurhished and remodeled after IKE.

You should be fine!

It is on Gulf!

I was pleasantly surprised. I was shocked at how nice our room was. We had a king room overlooking the pool. I was expecting a small to medium sized desk to use my laptop with for a little bit, but there was a huge work station. The bed was nice and comfortable, the bathroom was nice, and the blinds were great (my husband is very light-sensitive and he was even able to sleep until 9 something). I didn't have one complaint. I was worried they would have some excuse for not getting the free cruise parking since we used Priceline, but there was no problem at all. I will most likely stay here the next time we are cruising.. which will hopefully be in the next month or two, it's my birthday in 2 weeks!

We love the 4 Points--have stayed there several times. It is across the street from Murdocks, mainly a souvenir place, but they have a great deck where you can get Margarita's & sit in rocking chairs to watch the water. By any chance will you be in Galveston for Mardi Gras? If so, the seawall parades go right past the 4 Points. You made a good choice.

Archived