carnival wedding advice

danielle2934

I am planning on booking my wedding soon for Oct 1st on the Paradise in Tampa, Fl. I talked to some close friends and family about it and it looks like about 20 people so far would be interested in going.

Should I book online or go through travel agent? I don't know which would be easier. What would be the best way to inform guest how to book their cabin and cost? I was thinking in the wedding invitations. Do they book their own or am I responsible for them?

I was also wondering how much to expect to pay for the whole trip. I know the package I want is about $1700 but that is just the wedding package only. Are there any group discounts?

How was your carnival wedding experience? Right now just booking is stressing me but I'm sure it will get better once I get past this part

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I am planning on booking my wedding soon for Oct 1st on the Paradise in Tampa, Fl. I talked to some close friends and family about it and it looks like about 20 people so far would be interested in going.

Should I book online or go through travel agent? I don't know which would be easier. What would be the best way to inform guest how to book their cabin and cost? I was thinking in the wedding invitations. Do they book their own or am I responsible for them?

I was also wondering how much to expect to pay for the whole trip. I know the package I want is about $1700 but that is just the wedding package only. Are there any group discounts?

How was your carnival wedding experience? Right now just booking is stressing me but I'm sure it will get better once I get past this part

My advice would be to find a good TA and have them book a "group" cruise. Then give the TA's contact information out to those who wish to book.

hey Danielle, I'm too a carnival bride and what fun is it going to be :) soooo excited and Congrats to you.

You will find more answers to all your questions in the honeym0on/wedding forum as prev. poster said.. There are some "EXTRA" costs on the wedding packages, pp fee if you go over the allowed # per package you chose. $$$ for photography, depending on entertainment DJ, pianist ect for your reception. all depends on what package you choose.

as for booking the CRUISE... for a group that big.. might want to go thru TA for some extra perks. OBC per cabin or free cabin for you :) You can also book directly thru carnival and just set up password account with PVP for everyone to contact and link to your booking. (this was our choice, but we only have 11 sailing and 50 non sailing guests for wedding)

for booking your WEDDING you will have to book thru carnival directly AFTER you book your cruise :)

BUT.... before you book your cruise.... make sure to call and see if wedding package you want is available for that ship that date. :)

Happy planning :)

Shar

My daughter just had a Carnival wedding and we booked thru a PA that was a friend of my sisters at the ES rate. We all had 200 in ES credit when we got on the ship. The wedding department was wonderful and my daughters wedding cost a little over 2200 with the extra flowers and DJ. She got married in Nassau on the ship. We had 21 people cruise with us.

Hi Danielle,

I am also a Carnival cruise bride. We allowed our guests to book on their own in case they had a specific TA they wanted to use etc. After they booked we just asked them to provide us their booking number and we have linked them to our dining reservations.

We first decided on the cruise we wanted (ports, dates), called the Carnival wedding department to confirm our date was available and put a 48 hour hold on our wedding date. We then booked the cruise and called the wedding department back to book the wedding & DJ.

We created a wedding website and mailed out Save the dates a little over a year in advance, so our guests could prepare, plan and save. So far we have 20 guests booked to cruise with us. We are getting married at one of the ports, so all of our guests have to be sailing guests.

As far as extra costs for the wedding @LarAndShar named the big ones. There are also upgrades & things that could add additional costs if you choose to add them.

So far the planning has been going well. My wedding coordinator is very good about getting back to me in 1-2 business days when I have questions or concerns.

Congratulations & happy planning. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with! =]

As a guest of a carnival bride in July let me tell you what we did.

I got an email from the bride stating the wedding cruise date and the room rates that were being offered through Carnival. I booked using my own Travel Agent and got a room that I specifically wanted. Other party members wanted balcony cabins and others OV so it was much easier for people to book their own. I was then responsible for my own payments and fees for the cruise. Unless you are paying for family members so they can join you, everyone is in charge of their own booking.

I must say as a caveat, that our dinner bookings were awful. I tried linking my booking to the bride's and yet when my travel agent put the booking number in, it was ''not found" and other problems. I ended up with anytime dining, some had late seating others had early. It worked out so that we got all the same seating, tables in the same area of the MDR but it wasn't as nice as it could have been.

Have a great time, congratulations and DON'T STRESS! It's not worth it and you will wear yourself out.

Before your guests head off to start booking--

read the wedding forum.

and make sure the ship/date you want is available.

Once you get that set--then let your guests know.

Only three weddings can take place on any ship at any week.

group pricing usually start at 8 cabins.

I too am a Paradise Carnival Bride.. Absolutely loved it... We book through Carnival Group Cruise department.. Then just emailed those wanting to attend and they contacted them either via email or telephone and booked what they wanted. This was nice as the group booking kept everyone together for dinner etc. We also took the group points we earned and held an additional gathering... It wsa totally amazing... Enjoy yourself..

Archived