Live from Rhapsody - 27 Dec 11

Debsta

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now Debsta. It seems that you are the snorkelling queen on the South Pacific. I am heading off on the Radiance in March to the SP and looooove to Snorkel. Can you give me tips on the best islands, spots, tours etc?

Cheers,

David

Shipboard gossip:

2 crew eloped in Noumea and didn't come back onto the ship :eek:

People turfed off in Noumea after a nightclub brawl :eek:

Peasants in nightclub last night started throwing ice at the DJ when he shut down the music at 2 am. DJ was throwing back some not so pretty words

On the Xmas cruise we had a family assisted off in Noumea after their 14 year old was smoking something on the pool deck. He obviously took the "enjoy a cone" sign on the frozen yoghurts machine too literally:D

On the Xmas cruise we had a family assisted off in Noumea after their 14 year old was smoking something on the pool deck. He obviously took the "enjoy a cone" sign on the frozen yoghurts machine too literally:D

I wonder if that was the "Bali" family trying a new type of holiday :eek: :D :p

Now Debsta. It seems that you are the snorkelling queen on the South Pacific. I am heading off on the Radiance in March to the SP and looooove to Snorkel. Can you give me tips on the best islands, spots, tours etc?

Cheers,

David

Hi David

What islands are you going to?

Hi Deb, I'm also interested in the above. We are on the Spirit in Nov and off to Vanuatu inc Mystery Isl. and isle of Pines. Thanks! :)

all three Vanuatu inc Mystery Isl. and isle of Pines.are just the best for snorkelling.

Great to hear! Is this something best done on an excursion or is it fairly easy to organize on your own? Any $ saved for us is a big bonus :D

Elzbeth,

Isle of Pines you can just walk to the beach with the Sacred Rock (climbing on the rock is tabu) and there is good snorkelling around there. You can also go to La Piscine Naturelle (Natural Aquarium), if not on a ship's tour, you may be able to get someone to drive you there. (It's a long drive, then a short walk across a shallow inlet, then a forest area to the spot. It is very good, but the day we were there it was windy and cold.)

Mystery Island, you can walk right around, so I think you can snorkel anywhere there - best to ask one of the local people as you walk of the pier.

Vanuatu - I don't know which places you are visiting there, but you have to go away from the port area to snorkel. We took a ship's tour on a glass-bottomed boat just along from the ship. (Opposite way from the markets.) We went out to the Iririki reef behind Iririki Island. The snorkelling was fantastic. (It is deep water so they supply pool noodles for children and anyone who wants them to just float around.) This wasn't a very expensive tour - perhaps it can be arranged cheaper from the people where the boat leaves from.

Thank you so much, this information is priceless, I am desperate to go snorkeling, would love to get the children to have a go, so the excursion you mentioned sounds like a good way to let the kids see the fish too! Imagined my hubby and I doing tag on the beach taking turns to go in! :)

Archived