Millennium Adjoining Door Noise

oldandgraying

My sister and I booked adjoining cabins for the July 13, 2012 Alaska cruise (cabins 7188 & 7190). On a cruise on RC this month, we noticed noise coming through the adjoining door from the next cabin. Also, the adjoining had to be unlocked by the steward and left unlocked for the DURATION of the cruise (so could not be locked at night). Does anyone know about the noise level and lock issue? There is still time to change our cabin location if necessary.

We have had adjoining rooms on several ships including the M class on Celebrity and Radiance class on RCCL. Frankly, depending on the people in the next suite, you may hear some noise. While regular cabin walls are not very sound insulated, adjoining cabin doors are open at the bottoms where they meet the floor. And there is no special insulation between the cabin doors. You will hear more sound then a regular cabin wall. I like what Celebrity did on adjoining cabins on S class ships. Far less noise intrusion.

If you both don't want the connecting door unlocked, it doesn't HAVE to be unlocked! If you aren't "with" the people in the adj. room, it will remain LOCKED!!! But, like a hotel, if your party is in the other cabin and you want it unlocked....once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked.

Since this is family in the other cabin (is it???), if it gets noisy, tell them to keep it down!!!! I'm sure they'll do likewise for you. A towel rolled up at the bottom of the door can muffle alot of sound.

Archived