Pros & Cons of Self-Disembarkation on OAISIS

train

We live in Florida so no plane to catch after the cruise but still trying to decide if we should drag our own luggage off the ship. We will be on Deck 12. Once off the ship, we will have to grab a shuttle to retrieve our car at an off-site parking garage, and then it's a 4 hour drive home.

Can we discuss some of the positives and the negatives regarding carrying your own luggage off Oasis?

Besides elevators, are there escalators available and if yes, how many escalators are there before you get outside?

We don't have any physical limitations but I'm just wondering about self-disembarking versus the standard departure?

Just my opinion but id you do not have a plane to catch, I would not do self-disembarkation. There are no escalators, just the elevators so you will be fighting all the early-birds who made 10am flights and are in a panic to get to the airport.

Relax, have a nice breakfast in the WJ and take your time!

Having completed this on both Allure and Oasis, I would suggest not doing self debarkation if you're not in a hurry. We do it because we fly and it's not an issue as long as you can comfortably handle your luggage. You will encounter an escalator once you reach the terminal. If you do not have a free hand, they make you take the one elevator to the bottom level.

Archived