Soda card worth the money?

For my Husband and I it is worth the money. Does RCCL have Dr. Pepper?

It's been awhile since we've had a Dr. Pepper drinker, but back when that's all my sister would drink, she would have to go to Johnny Rocket's to get Dr. Pepper because the bars and the dining room didn't carry it.

It's been awhile since we've had a Dr. Pepper drinker, but back when that's all my sister would drink, she would have to go to Johnny Rocket's to get Dr. Pepper because the bars and the dining room didn't carry it.

Doesn't JR have Mr Pibb or something like that? The ships only carry Coke products so I think Mr Pibb is as close as you are going to get and only in JR.

Flavored water was available on the Allure in Windjammer, Park Cafe, and Solarium. There were three or four flavors. I drank a lot of it.

My dw has stopped buying the soda card because the fountain coke was not to her liking. In the Diamond Lounge, on the first day, she got a diet coke and couldn't drink it. After that, the waitress always opened a can for her.

It is not just the money; it is the taste.

What soda do they offer on the ships - we will be on Rhapsody - I don't drink Cola but if they have Sprite or orange soda it might be worth it for me. I presume the 'Lemonade' available is the American flat lemon juice type drink (in Australia Lemonade is what American's usually call Sprite).

Thanks

I was wondering if you can share a card with other family members? I am not a big soda drinker but do have one from time to time. I really don't want to spend money on 4 cards for my family.

Soda cards are per person. If you only drink the occasional soda, a soda card would not make sense for you, you would be better off just buying a can of soda when you want one.

We were told on one of our previous cruises by the person selling the soda packages not to buy one for all 4 of us and to just buy 2 for our daughters and then if we wanted a drink just get daughters to get us one on their card

Only problem with that was in the mdr

If we get the soda card - it wouldn't really be just for the soda but was thinking we could order shots from the bar and make our own Rum & Cokes, Jack & Coke, etc. Do they let you order just shots at the bars/lounges on board? We'd just pour it in our soda cup and the cost of the mixed drink goes down...right??? :D

I usually buy the soda card, because I love Diet Coke but I don't think I will anymore. We just got off the Liberty and the diet coke was terrible :eek: - it always tasted flat and weird - from every bar on the ship -even when they poured it straight out of a 2 liter bottle. (I suspected that they'd refilled the bottles from the fountain.)

I think next time I'll just buy the cans when I want the soda.

My wife LOVES fountain pop /soda for her yes she gets her moneys worth and some especially on RCI as some of the ships have places where you can get your own refills . We were on the Navigator and there were places in that she could stop and refill her cup. She never minded walking around with her cup in her hand.

If we get the soda card - it wouldn't really be just for the soda but was thinking we could order shots from the bar and make our own Rum & Cokes, Jack & Coke, etc. Do they let you order just shots at the bars/lounges on board? We'd just pour it in our soda cup and the cost of the mixed drink goes down...right??? :D

Mixers are included when you order your drink so buying a soda card just to mix with shots you are buying is actually going to cost you more money.

Hi werewolf,

I'm on the same cruise as you and it's 48.00 plus gratuity for the 8 days. It averages out to about 6.00 a day for an adult and 4.00 for kids 18 and younger. it's worth it if you drink a couple of soda's a day. I got my husband one this time because he ordered a gingerale at dinner every night, and it was probably close to 5.00 with gratuity!

Sue

Archived