Sky quick notes

Sally Forth

Thats so funny! When my mother and I were just on Sky Jan 20-23, she actually commented on how she expected to see people wearing more risque type swimwear and/or clothing and she was suprised that there really wasn't anything like that at all! I'm sure each sailing contains all different people and the atmosphere changes accordingly, but we have nothing to say but good things about our experience. Well, except the toilet paper is really terrible, but really that isn't even a complaint. LOL!

Our ship was docked next to the NCL Sky in Nassau (Jan 2012), and at 7 a.m., they were playing loud music on the top deck with whistles being blown and drums being banged. It was very disturbing to people on our ship, and it seemed to continue forever! Later, upon disembarking in Nassau, the female passengers going and coming from the Sky were wearing only bikinis into Nassau--no coverups or t-shirts. Guys were also barely dressed. Never saw this before on my 20+ cruises. Many of the passengers were pushy and using strong profanity out on the pier and on the streets. Clearly, the Norwegian Sky has become quite the party ship. Glad I was on a different ship. (Have cruised on NCL at least 10 times.)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I haven't seen anything like this during my cruises to Nassau either but the one of RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas came mighty close.

We sailed on the Oasis of the Seas January 28th sailing. We were returning to our ship after our trip to Cable Beach in Nassau and saw so many scantily clad women and men, we couldn't believe it. It looked like a Hookers Parade coming off the Norwegian Sky. At first I thought they had hookers on board to service the crew. Then we decided they they must have chartered the ship for a private party. The implants and the thongs were a sight that is usually in a strip club. We were concerned for the rest of the passengers on the Sky. The way these people were dressed was really quite different from any other cruise I've been on.

WOW! Talk about being condemnatory! I've been on the Sky once before and will be sailing again shortly - with young children! Why, if your statement is true, would I subject children to "Hookers"?! Is there a reason you feel the need to misrepresent the ship - especially one you've never sailed on?

Just spent a little time on the web. The January 27, 2012 sailing of the Sky was chartered by a group called Groove Cruise-World's Largest Floating EDM Festival. It was a full ship charter.

Google the title and you will understand what I am talking about. Attacking the Sky was never my intention, but my curiosity was peaked when I saw these people leaving the ship. FYI.... I have been on the Sky before, and knew that these were not their normal passengers.

Happy Sailing!

Just spent a little time on the web. The January 27, 2012 sailing of the Sky was chartered by a group called Groove Cruise-World's Largest Floating EDM Festival. It was a full ship charter.

Google the title and you will understand what I am talking about. Attacking the Sky was never my intention, but my curiosity was peaked when I saw these people leaving the ship. FYI.... I have been on the Sky before, and knew that these were not their normal passengers.

Happy Sailing!

Certainly explains the loud music...

My only complaint had to do with housekeeping. Every night at 3 a.m. or so they moved all the furniture on the 11th deck outdoor eating area, hosed it down, and them moved it back. Not great if you have an aft cabin on Deck 10. We had virtually no noise from the eating area during the day, but the dragging of heavy furniture in the middle of the night for an hour was really awful.

I thought this might be the case when we booked AFT for an upcoming Epic cruise. I checked the boards (NCL and cabin selection both), then discussed with my TA and decided to get between cabins above and below. It is too bad that you had the noise, but I am sure at night is the only time they have to really get that area clean.

Hope your next cabin will be better situated. This is very helpful for others.

MMM scantily clad woman a negative??? I will have to keep blinders on my son and I.

Most of the woman scantily clad I saw on the jewel should never have worn scantily clad suits in the first place. I think woman 50lbs over weight should be banned from public wearing scantily clad anything or stay at home and just go back to walmart. Men also should not wear speedo's if 50lb+ overweight, then again no man outside a competitive swim meet should wear one<GGG>.

Groove cruise sounded like a ball, not my pick but man if I was in 20-30's. I saw they were already fully booked for 2013

2 weeks to my Sky trip and counting.

Archived