Elation and NOLA

QLUVS2CRUZ

Two totally unrelated questions:

1. I saw some posts from 2009 that say the Elation does not have hair dryers but you can get one from the cabin steward. Is this still the case?

2. Taking the trip with a girlfriend of mine...neither of us have been to NOLA before. We will meet up at the airport there then go to a hotel near the Convention Center. We'll have time for dinner and walking around the night before the cruise, then the morning of the cruise we'll have the usual time before going to the port. Given our short time in NOLA, what are the must see things/restaurants in NOLA based on your personal experiences?

Thanks!

There is another good thread about NOLA and places to eat and stay and park that was floating around on the Carnival boards, I saw it this morning.

Brothers is near Drury so you could walk and then into the french qtr if you are walking from your hotel near the convention center. Its ala carte, and really good and pretty reasonable. You can order as much or little as you want. the ala carte items come in 3 sizes to pick from.

Everyone (including me) walks into Cafe Du Mond. The coffee tastes like I make it at home, so I dont see that being a big deal, but its fun and bands playing outside and a good place to sit with a cup of joe.

Was on Elation in September. No hairdryer in the room. I didn't think to ask for one either, I raided my daughter's room and used hers.

Can't help you on NOLA sights, we sailed out of Mobile, but scour these threads for ideas and opinions for 'can't miss' things to see.

Archived