Updating ESTA

t60

Our current ESTA approval runs out in Aug 2012.

Has anyone tried to update their ESTA at all? I tried yesterday and the website came back saying <no application found>

We arrive in USA on March 19th and don´t want to be turned away

I wanted to update with new arrival date

Sandy in Spain

Our current ESTA approval runs out in Aug 2012.

Has anyone tried to update their ESTA at all? I tried yesterday and the website came back saying <no application found>

We arrive in USA on March 19th and don´t want to be turned away

I wanted to update with new arrival date

Sandy in Spain

ESTA is valid for 2 yrs from date of application, so if you will be BACK HOME by August, you would be ok.

only passports need to have 6 mths beyond return date.

Greetings

Go to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ and scroll down to the bottom. Fill in required information. You can then uodate details. If you have forgotten your application number just hit the relevant button.

You can change your US address, passport dates etc. When it comes to renewal, do not try to renew until your current esta has 30 days or less as their system does not like it.

If you have the original email when you applied for your esta take it with you as I am sure they do not check the details just that you have an esta.

Hope this helps

Pete & Carol

I have updated our ESTA online. I did so because I wanted to change our address in the US. There is now no need to do that. They say there is no need to carry a copy of the ESTA with you but we were asked for it last time. Luckily we did have a copy with us.

...... They say there is no need to carry a copy of the ESTA with you but we were asked for it last time.

Same thing happened with me. Take a copy just in case. I think the rules may have changed when they eventually scrapped the need to complete the green visa waiver form.

snip...Go to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ and scroll down to the bottom. Fill in required information. You can then uodate details. If you have forgotten your application number just hit the relevant button.

You can change your US address, passport dates etc. When it comes to renewal, do not try to renew until your current esta has 30 days or less as their system does not like it. snip...Pete & Carol

Yes this it the page I used, gave the details and got the reply <no application found> hence my query

Sandy in Spain

I have updated our ESTA online. I did so because I wanted to change our address in the US. There is now no need to do that. They say there is no need to carry a copy of the ESTA with you but we were asked for it last time. Luckily we did have a copy with us.

This is what I wanted to do, just a quick update I thought. I have a copy of the application approval with expiry daye of 8.8.2012 so with luck that should be sufficient.

Sandy in Spain

All sorted. I wrote to the "CBP INFO Center<customs@customs-mail.custhelp.com> on the ESTA website explaining the problem and received a reply today.

Their site doesn´t like Google Chrome as your web browser, using the auto-fill option on your web browser, or using the cut and paste option to enter information.

Sandy in Spain

Archived