Need suggestion - Portable Shower Comode Chair

Hebe

I bought one of these for Mom when we visited relatives:

12486-2.jpg

Mom's sister didn't have an accessible shower or tub. That bench folds up to 20" X 18" X 2" and can fit into a large suitcase.

We've never needed one for a cruise. We have to book HC cabins, which come with shower seats and raised toilet seats already.

Mom hasn't needed a portable commode chair. There are websites that have HC accessories. I ordered the shower chair and some grab bars from a site called Active Living Now. Their prices were reasonable and shipping fairly quick, but I don't know if they are the best place. Even with shipping costs, they were cheaper than buying from the local medical supply shop.

Have you contacted the special needs department for your cruiseline to see if they can supply the items? I know most cruiselines have a limited number of shower chairs and toilet seat raisers for use in non-HC cabins. I'm not sure if you can reserve them in advance. They might be on a "first come, first served" basis.

We used to have one that folded and would fit in a suitcase. I believe it cost about 90.00 and worked well. Do a google search for travel commode chair and you should find something. We always take our own medical equipment since relying on the special needs department can be hit or miss.

Thanks for all the advise. I do need one that has a back and is maybe even a strap since person can not sit by themselves. I was not sure what the cruise line will give us (celebrity). I was willing to buy one and take it with us if it made sense.

For travel, you can't beat products from http://www.nuprodx.com

We have a Borringia Chameleon, which is made in Denmark, but they do not currently have a USA distributor. It has taken us around the world on both cruises and other travel. Works perfect as roll-in shower chair, and also will roll over the toilet. Packs into a small suitcase. Easy to assemble (no tools needed) and is height adjustable.

http://www.borringia.com/en/product/12A02

We needed a chair for my mom, and Celebrity supplied one that worked well. I also have rented one from CareVacations that also worked well. Don't know if they have a strap, but one phone call will tell you what you need to know.

Archived