Playoffs on Jewel

altarr

Going to be at sea for the second round of the NFL playoffs. I am assuming that they will be on a tv somewhere...can someone give me some Jewel specific scuttlebutt on where the best place to actually WATCH this game, not simply view it....hopefully with sound (though the commentary is usually horrific).

I was just on the jewel for the Giants/Jets game. My advice would be to speak to someone before the game actually airs. I dont think they had any idea that this game was so important until the bar was filled with people wearing Giants and Jets jerseys looking for the game. It took about 20 minutes for them to actually get the game on since it wasn't on the channels that were available .

Going to be at sea for the second round of the NFL playoffs. I am assuming that they will be on a tv somewhere...can someone give me some Jewel specific scuttlebutt on where the best place to actually WATCH this game, not simply view it....hopefully with sound (though the commentary is usually horrific).

Varies.

I was on the Gem once when there was an important Patriots game. Everyone was decked out in jerseys waiting for the game in the atrium and it turned out that the international feed did not carry the game! The cruise director tried everything but could not get the feed, so he announced the score from the internet in regular intervals. So, it all depends on what is available on the international feed.

For last years playoff games we watched in Maltings Bar right outside of the Azura Dining Room on deck 6.

Comfy chairs and a great staff that kept the drinks coming. They even supplied some snacks. There are a couple TV's, so go early & get a good seat and enjoy the games.

Go Packers....? They wont stand a chance against the Pats...sorry...

Not so sure about that. They already lost to the Giants this year & Buffalo.

Also don't forget the Giants beat them in their so-called undefeated season at the Super Bowl.

Green Bay is a strong team.

Back to the OP, hopefully the Jewel will show the playoffs just as they did last year. Be sure to look in your 'Daily' as they did advertise that the Jets/Patriots game would be shown.

Hey how about that, the Jets beat them in that game. :D

Playoffs!!! Playoffs!! We just want to win a game...

Sorry I had to..

Archived