NCL Sun or MSC Magnifica for N. Baltic

Piepie

I read a lot of online reviews and very concerned with the food, service, and quality of MSC. The price of MSC definitely looks better than other cruise lines, but I'm not sure...

-My main point for this cruise is to visit Russia. MSC offers one day in St. Petersburg while NCL Sun offers two.

-I heard there are operas and orchestra music played on MSC I definitely love that

-I love steak, lobster, and buffet

My travel agent gave me $1200 for Magnifica Balcony and $1320 for Sun oceanview plus $125 on board credit and a bottle of wine. I have traveled with Balcony rooms only. My friend suggested cruising Baltic should focus on ports instead of ship itself. Please help me to decide....thank you.

By the way, we are traveling in mid/late June.

Undecisive Piepie

My bf and I are both 30, been on Caribbean Princess Carnival Splendor, not that experienced but would really appreciate your help

Your friend is correct, you have a port intensive cruise and how much time will you actually be on the ship? All day sightseeing, so the freeystyle dining will probably be a plus, the shows are good on the SUN. You might be so exhausted that you won't feel like staying up late if you have an early excursion the next day.

Now, since St. Petersburg is a highlight for you, why not go with the SUN as she spends 2 days there? That way you can book an evening excursion as well and see the russian nightlife. That kind of experience you wouldn't get on MSC.

My parents were on an MSC ship in the Carribbean a few years ago, and they had no complaints.

I would go with who has the itinerary that you want...don't stress about the ship.

Did the Sun last year for a Baltic trip in early June. We were in an inside cabin, one of those sideways ones on the Viking Deck. This was our second time on the Sun. We love her! The crew is so friendly. You may find the buffet to be busy and have a hard time finding a table but if that is the case, just head across the hall to the Sports Bar or Moderno to eat. At Moderno, there is a continental breakfast set up as well as breakfast pizzas and calzones. Alternatively, there is always The Great Outdoors.

Definitely think it is an advantage to have two days in St. Petersburg. On NCL, they also brought in different groups to perform on the ship so don't miss them. It was a great trip with a great crew. Have fun!

Archived