Priceline for FLL in Oct. 2005 - am I too early?

Kellie in Texas

I've been trying Priceline in FLL for the night of 10/21/05 prior to our Caribbean Princess cruise leaving 10/22/05. I'm selecting Downtown FLL and 3-stars to try and get the Marriot Marina. I've read on these boards that people get this hotel for anywhere from $65 to $80. I started out at $70 and then went to $75, but still no dice. Do I need to wait until closer to October? Thanks.

Kellie in Texas

Read up on PL at http://www.biddingfortravel.com I think you are too early, but keep bidding every 72 hours. Just keep to your budget for now. PL must have inventory available at the time you bid. When you see the screen which asks you to select the number of stars you want, if there's no average price shown next to that star level, then there is no available inventory. Just check back.

There is no ryhme or reason on how priceline works. I'm sailing Nov 6/2005 on the Destiny out of Puerto rico. In November 2004, the first day I could bid, I got the Hyatt Dorado for $75 and was upgraded from a 3* to a resort. The announcer or whatever they call themselves, e-mailed me to let me know that was one of the first time's she has seen priceline accept a bid a year in advance. So good luck and keep trying!!!

Kellie -

Book a cancellable backup hotel "just in case". Last October we had a hard time getting a Priceline hotel because of the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show. This year I'm going to have the same problem getting a room prior to our Oct 25th cruise.

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show

October 27, 2005 - October 31, 2005

Thurs-Sun 10am-7pm, Mon 10am-6pm

Phone: (954) 764-7642

Admission: Adults $14, children 6-12 $4, under 6 free

Largest boat show in the world, covering six sites. Over 1,600 vessels with 160 Super yachts, marine supplies, accessories, electonics.

The boat show was making me nervous, so I decreased my Priceline bid to 2 1/2 stars and went down $50 and got the Amerisuites. I hope this is a good one; seems like I've read that it's an okay place. The address is actually on SE Tenth Ave. but according to the Amerisuites web site, this is the one that's close to the cruise terminal. I hope someone familiar with this location and/or Fort Lauderdale can confirm this for me. Thanks for the info from everyone and good luck on your future plans.

Archived