Any Camera Suggestions?

Lessum

While I appreciate everyone's time and thoughts...I do feel this thread has gone a bit "off topic"....I really am looking for SIMPLE compact point and shoot that takes GOOD quality photos that does not stretch my $200 budget.

Thanks

Hi there!

I own a beautiful Canon Rebel t3i - and it takes amazing photos - BUT - like you, I did not want to bring a heavy camera bag with all the equipment on the cruise.

I still wanted a good quality picture though.

So I did my research and decided to buy the smallest lightest camera I could, with the best quality photos.

I bought the Canon Elph 300.

I it so tiny.

I love it.

It takes an ion battery not AA batteries.

It charges in about 2.5 hours and lasts for 24 (depending on how many photos you are taking).

I managed to get it on sale for $169.00 + taxes.

It came with the charger/battery/dvd with photo processing software.

No SD card so you have to make sure you buy one.

I ordered off ebay the 8gb sd card, and extra ion battery and a little camera case which is big enough to put an extra battery in.

This camera weighs less than a lb and it fits in my makeup bag - its adorible.

I am very happy with the picture quality - takes greats shots indoors and night shots - important when you are on the cruise and need to get those photos in the dining room.

It has all kinds of little programs you can use if you want to.

One is smile detection.

Once it is on there you just sit the camera on the table and tell all the kids to line up and don't smile until they are ready - as soon as they smile it takes a photo - its really cool.

Anyway, I hope I didn't go on for too long - but you sounded like you were looking for the same thing I had just bought so I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Joanne

Hi there!

I own a beautiful Canon Rebel t3i - and it takes amazing photos - BUT - like you, I did not want to bring a heavy camera bag with all the equipment on the cruise.

I still wanted a good quality picture though.

So I did my research and decided to buy the smallest lightest camera I could, with the best quality photos.

I bought the Canon Elph 300.

I it so tiny.

I love it.

It takes an ion battery not AA batteries.

It charges in about 2.5 hours and lasts for 24 (depending on how many photos you are taking).

I managed to get it on sale for $169.00 + taxes.

It came with the charger/battery/dvd with photo processing software.

No SD card so you have to make sure you buy one.

I ordered off ebay the 8gb sd card, and extra ion battery and a little camera case which is big enough to put an extra battery in.

This camera weighs less than a lb and it fits in my makeup bag - its adorible.

I am very happy with the picture quality - takes greats shots indoors and night shots - important when you are on the cruise and need to get those photos in the dining room.

It has all kinds of little programs you can use if you want to.

One is smile detection.

Once it is on there you just sit the camera on the table and tell all the kids to line up and don't smile until they are ready - as soon as they smile it takes a photo - its really cool.

Anyway, I hope I didn't go on for too long - but you sounded like you were looking for the same thing I had just bought so I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Joanne

Thanks but I bought a Canon SX230 a few weeks ago. I actually bought the Elph 310 and returned it as it was TOO small. My hands just couldn't find anywhere to hold it without pushing a button. This one is still a pocket camera but with more to "hold" on to. Same general features though.

Thanks! I got it in a bundle with a case, an 8gb class 10 card, screen protectors, a gorilla pod tripod, a regular tabletop tripod, a card reader and an extra battery for $199.

While I appreciate everyone's time and thoughts...I do feel this thread has gone a bit "off topic"....I really am looking for SIMPLE compact point and shoot that takes GOOD quality photos that does not stretch my $200 budget.

Thanks

I have had two Casio ExilM and they both took great pictures, were small, cute, and cheap. The last one I got online at Target for like $95(I had a coupon though). Rechargable lion batteries too. That is a non-negotiable for me. I hate the AA batteries even the rechargable AA's-they just drain too fast. Have a great time!

Archived