Just Booked a Riviera Med Cruise

dorie10295

We are new to Oceania having been Regent cruisers for many years. What if anything do we need to know to make our first cruise with O wonderful.

Can we book the restaurants before we board, and the cooking classes and art classes. We will have our grown children with us and they are interested in all these activities.

How does the food compare to Regent, and can we special order dinners in the main dining room.

Thank you for your help in advance.

We are new to Oceania having been Regent cruisers for many years. What if anything do we need to know to make our first cruise with O wonderful.

Can we book the restaurants before we board, and the cooking classes and art classes. We will have our grown children with us and they are interested in all these activities.

Drinks are extra $ & you will have to sign a chit unless you get one of the new package deals

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

Excursions are extra $

Yes you can book the specialty restaurants ahead of time & yes for the culinary classes

Art classes I think you just turn up

I doubt if you can special order meals unless you are dining in your cabin & the butler can arrange it

Enjoy

Hi more information required. What is sailing date so we can look at ports you are visiting. Better to do shared excursions rather than ship ones pay a lot less. You can email me at mirandavale8599@bigpond.com. We sail 3rd August Riviera. This is going to be the most amazing time for sure. You really have to do your homework and check out sites like Trip Advisor, http://www.whatsinport.com, google what to see in ?? goodluck Liz

How does the food compare to Regent, and can we special order dinners in the main dining room.

The biggest difference is that you'll probably want to do considerably more advance planning about excursions since those are not included in the Oceania price.

My husband and I have a strong preference for doing excursions other than the ship-offered trips. That means I research the ports and make advance arrangements, often with a private guide. Go to the specific Port of Call board on this site for a wealth of information about each of your ports. Trip Advisor is another resource, but the posters there are destination experts and don't necessarily know the unique aspects of touring from a cruise ship when you have to be back at the ship at a specific time.

Now, having said that, I always recommend that cruisers look at their itinerary. There may be occasions -- Livorno/Florence to Rome or Rome to Naples or Saint Tropez to Marseille are three examples -- where cruisers ought to consider happily arranging to miss the ship so they could stay overnight on land. They could enjoy a meal in an authentic restaurant and end the evening strolling through the streets. Magic! They could take a train to the next port in the morning. (Certainly, people coming to Rome from Florence could arrive in the city about the same time as people coming in from the port at Civitavecchia)

Again, it all comes down to advance planning, but I think planning extends the pleasure of the trip.

On Oceania, the answer to several of your questions depends on whether you have a Butler.

Do you intend to book a Suite?

Yes, we have booked the Oceania suite. We will be sailing with our daughter and some friends so we will be 5 in total. They are in Vista suites.

We plan to have a car and driver in each port. We have been to some of the ports like Florence, Rome and Monte Carlo before. Lisbon and the ports in Spain are new to us so I do need to look into them. In a new port we sometimes take the ships tour literature, give it to the driver and make our plan for the day including all that the ships tour does. As we are five adults, the price of a car and driver will be the same as the ships tour and some times its less in a lot more comfort.

We have all cruise Regent many times but are trying O because of the date and ports. I know we will find many differences so if we don't expect a Regent expierence all will be fine. We have friends that only cruise O and they rave. If anyone has cruised with both please let us know the differences. We don't know when and how to go about reserving the restaurants, spa and cooking classes.

Thanks again in advance for all your help.

We don't know when and how to go about reserving the restaurants, spa and cooking classes.

Thanks again in advance for all your help.

If you are using a TA get them to do it for you

If not call Oceania or go online to the website go to the ALREADY BOOKED section you will need your booking number

look for the reservation links you require

Enjoy

Archived