Is it frowned upon?

Is it frowned upon to take food from the breakfast buffet to take out for the day?

We've done it a lot but discreetly and we only take a couple of bananas and buns or a cheese roll to see us through on long trips. Meat products should be left on the ship IMO after what happened here with the Foot and Mouth. That's just me though.:) It's a good idea to take some food bags with you as everything sticks to those paper napkins.:)

Jan

Yes

you have paid for it .so take it do not be a snob, if you do not eat it the crew will send it home :eek: or the sharks may scoff the lot ?

take a large rutsack for walking and empty the stuf in (perhaps not the eggs etc :rolleyes: )and enjoy later , make sure to take ice for any butter etc

it is not theQE2 or Sliverseas cruise :cool:

lidobreads-470x352.jpg

This is a very interesting question posted by OP and one that I asked last year on the RCI forum as it was my first cruise . Its interesting because you Thompson posters are very kind !! when I asked the question I was well put down , told off and called every name under the sun for even asking it :( . I think it must have been an American thing. So is it ok to do it on a thompson cruise?

Dear,Northerncheapo

Why when you are in Toronto ,having sailed on a cruise line such as Silversea

(which If we /me won the national lottery would love to try )are you scanning the old forum of Thomson(old ships good people, good crew ,usually good shows.

good food but not the best

Perhaps Silversea is not that good ? AI as standard anythin you want(do not let Jim or RR near :eek: )

Welcome to this forum :)

perhaps you may join us and have a laugh ?

This is a very interesting question posted by OP and one that I asked last year on the RCI forum as it was my first cruise . Its interesting because you Thompson posters are very kind !! when I asked the question I was well put down , told off and called every name under the sun for even asking it :( . I think it must have been an American thing. So is it ok to do it on a thompson cruise?

Well, the entertainment staff told us to take something when we went on a trip with no lunch break. I don't know if they would encourage it but my way of thinking is that if we stayed on board they would have to provide us with lunch. It's a pity they don't do a packed lunch.

In spite of the bickering that broke out after your post we are generally kind and helpful on here.;):):)

Jan

The Recursive Porous Agent Simulation Toolkit (Repast) is one of several agent modeling toolkits that are available. Repast borrows many concepts from the Swarm agent-based modeling toolkit [1]. Repast is differentiated from Swarm since Repast has multiple pure implementations in several languages and built-in adaptive features such as genetic algorithms and regression. For reviews of Swarm, Repast, and other agent-modeling toolkits, see the 2002 survey by Serenko and Detlor, the 2002 survey by Gilbert and Bankes, and the 2003 toolkit review by Tobias and Hofmann

Stevie :eek:

Definition of repast (noun)

food that is eaten; meal

Examples

The repast consisted of cheese, wine, and bread.

--------------------------

NOT to take out of a cruise buffet (not Silversea cruise may I add ! ) because they get picnics provided ;)

Stevie :D

In spite of the bickering that broke out after your post we are generally kind and helpful on here.;):):)

--------------------------------------------------

Did I hear an echo?:D

Jan

I saw a family every day on the thomson destiny over xmas do it , each day it was cheese and tomato with freezer bags, spread at the table and laced into the bags with whatever else they could add , everyone one gawped at them, i was sadly embarrassed for them, the ports on that cruise were very cheap.

I dont agree you have paid for it SO TAKE IT , instead use some tact , DONT DO AS them that use as it AND MAKE THEMSELVES SO MORE OBVIOUS IE USED TO paying for a week in the brights of bodrum with egg and chips .

I saw a family every day on the thomson destiny over xmas do it , each day it was cheese and tomato with freezer bags, spread at the table and laced into the bags with whatever else they could add , everyone one gawped at them, i was sadly embarrassed for them, the ports on that cruise were very cheap.

I dont agree you have paid for it SO TAKE IT , instead use some tact , DONT DO AS them that use as it AND MAKE THEMSELVES SO MORE OBVIOUS IE USED TO paying for a week in the brights of bodrum with egg and chips .

Think I would be embarrassed too! I might sneak out a banana but that's about it - we usually enjoy a big breakfast and make do - you can always grab afternoon tea when you get back to the ship if you've missed out on lunch - don't think you'll ever starve though - there's always food at any time of day

We always enjoy eating the local food and drinking the local beer while ashore for lunch.

In a small way it helps the local economy as well.

Carol x

Hi, its just food for thought but we are on a Baltic cruise in May 2012 & expecting to pay £50 for a smelly old kipper & coke in Scandinavian ports. Dont really think their economies need that much of a boost! Hopefully us poor Brits will get food pacels from them when going ashore.

We have never considered taking food off the ship but in all honesty it has crossed our minds for full day DIY tours is Stockholm & Heksinki etc. We do eat a hearty breakfast before going ashore but prefer to spend money touring rather than on expensive meals ashore. If it was reasonably priced then we would definately try the local fare.

Len

Archived