Pier check-in on the Serenade -- any benches/seats available while in line outside?

Conanc

We are cruising on the Serenade and will be traveling with two people who cannot stand for long periods of time.....one elderly, one with medical problems. Are there any benches available outside at the pier in San Juan while we are waiting in line to check in? We were thinking of getting to the pier around noon. I know we can't predict what the lines will be like, but typically is there a better time to arrive?

Thank you!!

What Pier? The lines will be long at noon, weather can be hot and sunny. This isn't the best situation for elderly of anyone with medical issues. Have you considered arriving with your own wheel chairs? Maybe a rollator on which to sit and use in getting aroundthe ship.

I recently sailed out of Pan Am and there was no outside seating and I was standing in the sun for about an hour before being allowed into the building to go through security and the check in process. Once inside, you may be able to request W/C assistance for the actual boarding process, going up the ramps, access to the elevators, etc.

Darcy

What Pier? The lines will be long at noon, weather can be hot and sunny. This isn't the best situation for elderly of anyone with medical issues. Have you considered arriving with your own wheel chairs? Maybe a rollator on which to sit and use in getting aroundthe ship.

I recently sailed out of Pan Am and there was no outside seating and I was standing in the sun for about an hour before being allowed into the building to go through security and the check in process. Once inside, you may be able to request W/C assistance for the actual boarding process, going up the ramps, access to the elevators, etc.

Darcy

Serenade sails out of the Pan Am pier, and you're right, the line around noon is long, with no available seating.

Archived