Explorer RFS Suite Help and General Help

Hi.

We booked a RFS on the Freedom . I have no idea what to expect as to the obstructed view I have seen mentioned or to what the amenities/perks are in a suite nowadays.

Please be patient, I am new at this Cruise Critic thing. But i appreciate any tips/comments or pictures on suite 8714 , dining, helpful Explorer stuff...

Do we need to make show and restaurant reservations ahead of time? I forgot to ask the Crown and Anchor agent. Any tips for someone who has not cruised in over 2 years?

Thank you

Elizabeth

I don't see an 8714 at all....there are 2 RFS on the aft....if that's what you booked, the "obstruction" is having to look past more of the ship before the wake comes into view...it's not a stand at the rail and look down at the water thing.

The only show that MIGHT require a ticket will be the ice show....and there is no charge for that....it's a crowd control thing. All of the other shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seating times.

Edit: I wrote the message below based on your being on the Explorer. Are you on that ship or on the Freedom? Aa I reread your post, I see that you say that you booked a RFS on the Freedom, but then, you seem to be asking questions about the Explorer. I took this to mean that while you were on the Freedom, you booked a cruise on the Explorer. I think I am confused - a farily normal state for me. :)

The two RFS on Deck 8 on the Explorer are 8394 and 8694. The cabin number you mentioned is the correct one on a Freedom Class ship (Freedom, Liberty or Independence). We just had 8414 on the Liberty when we were on a charter cruise with our neighbors. We loved it.

The cabin layout is a little different on the Voyager Class ships. Here is a link to some pictures of 8394.

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/silvercrikhix/Royal%20Caribbean%20Explorer%20OTS%20Motorcycle%20Cruise/Explorer%20of%20the%20Seas/

I found these by using the Search this forum option. I just simply put in 8394 and checked the show posts options. There are a ton of replies. 8694 will be the mirror image of 8394.

I don't think that the Explorer is set up to where you have to book shows in advance. If you do need tickets for the Ice Show, the concierge will have them for you. You will have Concierge access because you are in a suite. Sometimes, people get an email in advance of boarding. Other times, there is just a welcome letter in your suite.

One nice thing is that you'll not have to hunt for a table in the Windjammer if you eat there at breakfast time - you'll have seating in Portofino. You'll also have an expanded room service menu - you'll be able to order off the dining room menu during regular dining roomserving hours. There are also reserved sections in the main theater and by the pool.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you! That is the suite # we booked. Our son is in Fredericksburg!

I read some reviews about show tickets and pool crowding blah blah blah...just don't want to miss anyhting that I should do ahead of time.

Elizabeth

Which ship are you talking about the Explorer or Freedom. 8714 is on freedom very good view.

I don't see an 8714 at all....there are 2 RFS on the aft....if that's what you booked, the "obstruction" is having to look past more of the ship before the wake comes into view...it's not a stand at the rail and look down at the water thing.

8714 is an aft RFS on Freedom. It is showing on the Deck Plans right next to 8414 which is also a RFS.

Hi.

We booked a RFS on the Freedom . I have no idea what to expect as to the obstructed view I have seen mentioned or to what the amenities/perks are in a suite nowadays.

Please be patient, I am new at this Cruise Critic thing. But i appreciate any tips/comments or pictures on suite 8714 , dining, helpful Explorer stuff...

Do we need to make show and restaurant reservations ahead of time? I forgot to ask the Crown and Anchor agent. Any tips for someone who has not cruised in over 2 years?

Thank you

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to Cruise Critic. :) Here is the link from the RCI website that will tell you all about the Enhanced Program for Suite Guests.

I wish you a wonderful cruise and I do hope that there are more in your future.

Archived