NCL fans thinking of giving HAL a try.

Bocadude85

Hi there, I think we met on the SUN Baltic-trans in Sept? I just returned from the zaandam 16 day Australia to Singapore and hated every minute of it. Besides the $50Cost for a $25 Indonesia visa with 100% markup, it just got worse. I did speak to oth HAL fans who said HaL are usually better and the Zaandam is due for dry docking in Oct 2012. The food and cabin service was great, everything else was poor with the shore ex and front desk being appalling. Hope this helps, Kerry

Hi Kerry we were not on the Sep Transatlantic but perhaps we met on the Jade? January 12th 2011? Just curious but what were the problems that you had with the shore excursions on HAL?

I think it will be fine if the HAL cruise is port intensive and you do not expect a lot in the way of shipboard activiities at night. Three things stick out in my mind.

The first is demographics-which has been mentioned. My guess is the average age of that cruise, on a non holiday, will be in the late sixties, early seventies. Second, the ship will pretty much close down after the last 'show'. And finally, do not expect the on board entertainment to measure up to NCL's because it will not come close. If you are OK with this, then it should be fine.

Well said! We cruise both lines. HAL has great itineraries, but NCL has larger ships with more things to do at night. Personally, I think the food is better on NCL, but I am usually in the minority on this. :)

Archived