Help me find a cruise, please!

jimbug

I've looked at cruises and itineraries so much the last few days, I think my eyes are going to cross.

The basics:

- Late 20s, somewhat-experienced cruisers, but not party animals...not really into nightlife these days.

- Traveling with our then 21-month-old daughter.

The specifics:

- Want to cruise next January (2013).

- Would like at least 11 nights, but no more than 14.

- Can be on one cruise, or a combination of B2Bs, on the same or different ships. Props if you can find us B2B on different ships, from the same port, that arrive/depart on the same day.

- We'll be cruising in an oceanview (no balcony) cabin, unless there's an awesome deal out there on a suite for more space with the little one.

- I'd like at least one leg of the trip to be on RCCL or Celebrity, so we can utilize babysitting for 1 evening. Other lines require a minimum age of 3 for babysitting.

- Food is important - I like choices, and don't mind paying extra, but I want quality choices.

- Ports - I'd love to have a combination of western & eastern Caribbean ports, with a stop at a private island and a stop at Nassau. Nassau's not a dealbreaker, though. (We want to take the peanut to Atlantis AquaVenture.)

Ok, go! :) Can you help us find a cruise (or combination of cruises)?

Aw, that's too easy! Freedom of the Seas, from Port Canaveral, alternating between Eastern and Western Caribbean, each cruise is 7 days, so a B2B is 14 days. The only hitch is that you don't get Nassau, though you do get the private island.

If you want to mix and match cruise lines, you could do an RCI Eastern, then a Disney Western (or vice versa) out of Port Canaveral. You have to do the Disney cruise first, followed by the RCI cruise; and the only downside is that you will have an extra day to kill at Port Canaveral between the two cruises. But if you can't find something to do to pass the time in Central Florida, you're just not trying!

There are ships sailing from Miami and Fort Lauderdale every day. Look over the list and either find one for the right length or two that meet your needs. You should be able to stay with one cruise line or switch if you prefer.

There are ships sailing from Miami and Fort Lauderdale every day. Look over the list and either find one for the right length or two that meet your needs. You should be able to stay with one cruise line or switch if you prefer.

Oh yes, I know...and like I said, I've looked at all this until I can look no more...and I'm no closer to making a decision than I was when I started this a few days ago. I was just hoping someone would say, "You should take THIS cruise, and here's why..." :D

Hi Jimbug, Just one more thing you might look at cruises leaving out of San Juan. Sailing in the dead of winter and leaving from Florida, the first day out and the last day back can be a little cool but sail from San Juan and it will be warm from the start.

Archived