Zip Line close to Falmouth

slickmouse

I'm sure this has been asked a million times - but I get so confused reading through everything. I see several zip line options - but can't seem to find out how far away from Falmouth they are.

Anyone have suggestions on the closest zip line tour to Falmouth? We really don't want to spend an hr 1-way bus trip.

I'm with you on this one. DW and I will be in Jamaica (Falmouth) for the first time in 2 weeks and have been researching ziplines for months now. If my research is correct, the closest one to Falmouth is the Chukka Rose Hall. How close exactly, I don't know...so hopefully someone who does will post soon!

Pete

Ziplining is what I want to do in Jamaica too.

I'm going on the Voyager of the Seas departing 02/25/12.

I found another zipline through http://www.zipline-tours.com/

RCCL wants $99pp for just the zipline

I emailed the link for more info and they wanted $89pp plus $21pp transportation. So RCCL is cheaper. Wow.

I guess Chukka it is.

We also did extensive research on Zipline Adventures that are located in Lethe. They would seem to be the best...but they are quite a ways from Falmouth and as already posted want an extra $21 pp for transportation. My biggest concern is that, as I understand, traffic can be quite a mess on the island and have read some stories about buses barely making it back in time to the pier. DW and I decided that it would be best to book the zipline via the ship excursion desk just for the peace of mind knowing that we won't be standing on the pier waving to our ship as it sails away! :eek:

Pete

We decided to book with the cruise line too - for this very reason. I don't need the stress. In any other port I'd feel fine going off on our own. But never having been here. We're doing Chukka - I think the zip/tube combo. We'll have to add a little more to the budget :-(

Still trying to decide between Zipline only or combining it with something else.

I'm just not sure about DRF. I just watched a video on YouTube and the experience didn't impress me. The Falls themselves did.

I'm waiting for someone, somewhere to convince me to go there.

Also both excursions are 7.5 hours. And we are only in Jamaica 9 hours.

The tubing trip sounds fun though. On RCCL, how can the zipline excursion itself be 3 hours and the Zipline/Tubing excursion also be 3 hours? Hmmm.

I'm just not sure about DRF. I just watched a video on YouTube and the experience didn't impress me. The Falls themselves did.

I'm waiting for someone, somewhere to convince me to go there.

Also both excursions are 7.5 hours. And we are only in Jamaica 9 hours.

The tubing trip sounds fun though. On RCCL, how can the zipline excursion itself be 3 hours and the Zipline/Tubing excursion also be 3 hours? Hmmm.

We've been to Jamaica at least 4 times and have never made it to DRF. It just seems like it would be too crowded for me. And it's way too far. I think I read 1.5 hrs one way.

I also wondered about that timeline on the zip/tubing. I guess you don't do as many zips - but not sure.

We've been to Jamaica at least 4 times and have never made it to DRF. It just seems like it would be too crowded for me. And it's way too far. I think I read 1.5 hrs one way.

I also wondered about that timeline on the zip/tubing. I guess you don't do as many zips - but not sure.

Slickmouse, I see you are on Voyager about 3 weeks after I am.

I'll see what I can find out an try to remember to post when we get back.

Ok, Steve

How far is Rosehall

Is it worth it?

Iquiring minds want to know.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I haven't been to Rosehall....so I can't say exactly....but about 30 minutes..it's half way to Mobay. Royal did have a free shuttle last i was there to Rosehall for shopping but you couldn't use it for anything else...not sure how they controlled that. I thought the Chukka operation at the Great Hope Estate was excellent....I just booked it again for the zip-line/kayak combo in a few weeks.

Here is the review I did when I went tubing http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439487&highlight=chukka+tubing

Archived