Cunard v Fred Olsen?

Alibobs

We (couple, early 50s) took our first cruise with Fred back in 2010, on the Braemar to the Canaries. Despite lousy weather and a very rough crossing we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are considering taking to the water again this year with Cunard (Victoria) to Norway in May.

I would be interested to hear what people think about the two cruise lines and how they differ?

i did like the intimacy of the Braemar and realise that the Victoria has twice the passengers but is still a "small" ship compared to some! We had a balcony suite on the Braemar but see that the balcony cabins on Victoria are actually bigger. The grill suites may be out of our league!

We (couple, early 50s) took our first cruise with Fred back in 2010, on the Braemar to the Canaries. Despite lousy weather and a very rough crossing we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are considering taking to the water again this year with Cunard (Victoria) to Norway in May.

I would be interested to hear what people think about the two cruise lines and how they differ?

i did like the intimacy of the Braemar and realise that the Victoria has twice the passengers but is still a "small" ship compared to some! We had a balcony suite on the Braemar but see that the balcony cabins on Victoria are actually bigger. The grill suites may be out of our league!

I'm afraid I can't help. But there are boards here for Cunard and F.O. One would think the odds of finding folks who have done both lines would be greater in one of those forums. Good luck.

I'm afraid I can't help. But there are boards here for Cunard and F.O. One would think the odds of finding folks who have done both lines would be greater in one of those forums. Good luck.

Thank you Steve. Will try the Cunard forum

Also try the UK Cruising page, which is just below this one on the index page.

You will find differences in that Cunard is run more like an American managed ship. so prices won't be in sterling, but dollars; there is a whole tipping regime to discover, and the drinks prices won't be Fred's! ;)

Many of my cyber friends travel with Cunard, and love the line. The ship is still new, and seems to be a very special experience for cruisers.

Enjoy!

Jo.

Archived