Switching beverage packages part-way through cruise

kiwi_sparkles

Sorry for yet more beverage questions. I've searched high and low but can't see any posts on this although I'm sure it must be on this board somewhere.

If I was to purchase the premium non-alcoholic package on day one (or online prior to the cruise) but after a day or two realised I was drinking more alcoholic drinks than I intended, can I switch to one of the classic/premium alcoholic packages and pay the balance for the remainder of the cruise?

Sorry for yet more beverage questions. I've searched high and low but can't see any posts on this although I'm sure it must be on this board somewhere.

If I was to purchase the premium non-alcoholic package on day one (or online prior to the cruise) but after a day or two realised I was drinking more alcoholic drinks than I intended, can I switch to one of the classic/premium alcoholic packages and pay the balance for the remainder of the cruise?

Hi Kiwi Sparkles,

YES I believe you can... based on previous postings, as long as one is MOVING UP in regards to price of packages this doesn't seem to be a problem when onboard (but just like purchasing any Beverage Package, I believe there is a cut-off point... so IMO better to do it earlier, than later)

If you've read the various topics on the Beverage Packages, you've discovered that based on the research I've done and supported by others who have posted after returning from their vacations (I still though yet have to test it in reality... which I will happily be doing next week on the Solstice :D )... that because of ALL the Beverages that the Packages cover (not just alcohol) one tends to break even around the 3 alcohol drinks mark per day (especially so if one is "attracted" to the better wines by the glass, martinis and the molecular bar onboard) ... and by all accounts these are very popular !!

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Hi Kiwi Sparkles,

YES I believe you can... based on previous postings, as long as one is MOVING UP in regards to price of packages this doesn't seem to be a problem when onboard (but just like purchasing any Beverage Package, I believe there is a cut-off point... so IMO better to do it earlier, than later)

If you've read the various topics on the Beverage Packages, you've discovered that based on the research I've done and supported by others who have posted after returning from their vacations (I still though yet have to test it in reality... which I will happily be doing next week on the Solstice :D )... that because of ALL the Beverages that the Packages cover (not just alcohol) one tends to break even around the 3 alcohol drinks mark per day (especially so if one is "attracted" to the better wines by the glass, martinis and the molecular bar onboard) ... and by all accounts these are very popular !!

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Thanks Sloop - very helpful. I'll look forward to your review when you get back too! :)

Have fun next week !!

Yes you definitely can; I did this on my last cruise, I purchased the soda package pre-cruise and wound up meeting and spending a lot of time with drinkers, so I joined the party!! By day 3 of a 12 day cruise, I realized it would be worth it to upgrade my drink package. So they credited my account for the remainder of the days not used on the soda packaged and paid per day for the premium alcohol package.

Archived