Dining at Marina Taina near IC Tahiti

markser

I saw on a map that Marina Taina is located near the IC, where we will be staying for two nights prior to our cruise. I Googled it, and here is its website -- http://www.marina-taina.com/. It can be converted to English.

There are three restaurants that sound like they might offer good food and views, based on the very new edition of the French Polynesia guidebook by Jan Prince.

My questions are:

Could we easily and safely walk there for dinner one night and walk back? I've read that the hotel restaurants are very pricey.

If it's not advisable to walk, does anyone know if the hotel or the restaurants at the marina offer a free or low-cost shuttle?

Has anyone been to the marina?

Have a look at Texed's postings ( or maybe you can find him on the Celebrity board) as I think he and KC went to the Marina and he will be able to give you the low down. His last cruise to Tahiti was June 2011( cook Islands). Come to think of it he is due for another this or next year!

Archived