Just returned from Imagination 4-day. Questions?

spacepotatoes

The MDR was open for lunch on Key West day, until 2 (all aboard time was 1:30). It was also open on the sea day. It wasn't open on Cozumel day.

The walk to the Hemingway House was really easy. We went to the Southernmost Point first and it took us about half an hour to get there, maybe a little more because we were stopping to take some pictures along the way. We went all the way down Duval to get there, it's just a block off of Duval. The Hemingway House is just up Whitehead Street from the Southernmost Point, about two blocks. Maybe 5 minutes or so away. It felt longer than 3/4 of a mile but I'm not very good at judging those distances!

For Key West, we were docked at the Navy Yard so our Fun Times said that passport or birth cert. with government issued ID were required. Doesn't say anything about ages. It sounds like whatever you would use to check in with is what they need.

If I remember correctly, the Behind the Fun Tour is $99 per person, but it's been a couple of years and my memory might be faulty. Size of the tour is limited to nine people or so.

You see where the crew works and lives. You go into the Galley (kitchen) and see how they make the soups, the desserts, how they thaw the huge slabs of meet they carve the steaks from (meat must be thawed just right -- not too slow, not too fast. It takes a huge slab several days to thaw correctly.)

You see the laundry operation, which is the largest operation on the ship. You get a sense of the working conditions of the crew. You visit the engine room.

You end up on the bridge, where you meet with the captain, get to ask him questions, and have your picture taken with him. Later, a picture of you with the captain is delivered to your stateroom, along with chocolate-covered strawberries.

I heartily recommend the tour. You get to talk to a number of crew along the way, sample some treats, learn how the other half lives!

behind the fun tour, I'd love some details please......... price, tour stops, what it includes, ect.... thanks!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Behind The Fun Tour was one of the big highlights of this trip! It was $55 per person and lasted 2.5-3 hours (it's around $95 or $99 on the larger classes of ships, but it is also almost twice as long). You get to see the galley (and sample some dessert while you're in there!), the storage pantries below decks, the laundry facilities, the waste management room, the I-95 corridor, the engine control room, the backstage area of the main theatre, crew dining and lounging areas, and the bridge. You get a group photo with the captain that is included in the price of the tour, as well as a lanyard, a baseball cap, and some chocolate covered strawberries back in your stateroom after the tour. If you'd like more of a play-by-play, here's the section in my review where I talked about it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1552457&page=3 (starts at post #45).

There has already been some turnover, though, from reading more recent reviews. Claudine is not the trainer that does the tour anymore, and both the Chief Engineer and the captain have changed also. Still highly recommended!

The Behind The Fun Tour was one of the big highlights of this trip! It was $55 per person and lasted 2.5-3 hours (it's around $95 or $99 on the larger classes of ships, but it is also almost twice as long). You get to see the galley (and sample some dessert while you're in there!), the storage pantries below decks, the laundry facilities, the waste management room, the I-95 corridor, the engine control room, the backstage area of the main theatre, crew dining and lounging areas, and the bridge. You get a group photo with the captain that is included in the price of the tour, as well as a lanyard, a baseball cap, and some chocolate covered strawberries back in your stateroom after the tour. If you'd like more of a play-by-play, here's the section in my review where I talked about it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1552457&page=3 (starts at post #45).

There has already been some turnover, though, from reading more recent reviews. Claudine is not the trainer that does the tour anymore, and both the Chief Engineer and the captain have changed also. Still highly recommended!

Great Review Thanks!!!!!!!!

I look forward to reading all the post regarding the Imagination. My best friend and I are traveling in June 2012 and this will be our first cruise. We are both very excited and are trying to read up as much as we can since we have never been on a cruise ship. Any tips will be most welcomed. :D

Archived