Hotel in Galveston

MrsZee

If you get a hotel over on seawall on a high floor looking toward the port, you can see if the weather is clear. Its about 3 miles over there from seawall.

Almost all hotels have free parking during your cruise. Harbor House the exception because of where it is.

Another vote for Harbor House. We watched the ship pulling in during breakfast. It was great!

There also was a webcam on the hotel. I don't know if it's still there or not. We called family and had them log onto the computer so we could wave at them from outside the hotel.

I would like a hotel in Galveston where we can wake up and see the Magic in port. A park and stay preferred. Any recommendations?

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez, on the sea wall. Got it on Priceline for $90. Graet pool and if you never had a dip in the Gulf that's right there also. Beautiful room with view of the Gulf and the Port, woke up and looked out one window and it was like we could reach out and touch the ship.

Great pool with a bar and food right there and waitresses always available to run your order for you. It was a beautiful hotel and they run a shuttle to and from the port, it's included in the price of your room, just make sure to see the Valets as soon as you arrive to sign up. The Valets do the sign up, not the front desk people.

I highly recommend Harbor House. We were on the 6 day Magic innagural cruise and stayed there 2 days pre cruise. Even tho the website says $10 per day we were only charged a flat $10 for parking while we were on the cruise. Our luggage rolls so we ended up just walking over to the terminal cause it is not far at all. When you make the reservation you can request a view of the cruiseship. If I am not mistaken you will want an even # room to get a view of the ship right outside your window. We were lucky and got one of those rooms, ended up giving our tickets to the Maroon 5 concert away and just watched it from our window. There is also a restaurant with out side seating at the hotel. Enjoyed sitting out there and having my morning coffee with the Magic as a backdrop.

Alot of the hotels require two night minimum:eek: However, we have stayed at the Harbour House many times and have stayed just one night. Closer to your cruise call again...if rooms are available they lift the two nights required. This has worked for us many times:) We love Harbour House, across the street from the Strand and easy walk to terminal (no need for taxi or shuttle) unless you have alot of luggage.

I had originally only booked one night at HH thru one of the dot com travel sites. When I went back to add another night there was no availability thru where I booked it. The HH website said 2 night minimum and of course did not count my one night casue I did not book thru them. A nice lady at the HH told me the booking agent HH uses releases the rooms back to them on the Friday morning before the weekend and the 2 night minimum goes away. Sure enough I checked that friday morning on the HH website and the two night minimum was gone. Just in case I did have a back up hotel ready in case no rooms were available.

I must have got one of the last rooms availible cause we ended up in a very nice suite. We did have to move to a regular room the second night (it was nice also) because Maroon 5 had the suite booked to use to get ready for their concert.

Archived