Mercury 3/30/05 review

wtevrfltsurbt

The hair photos are great! take a copy of them with you to show her. She's great, I know you'll have a wonderful time! The Navigator lounge is lovely and the photographer should be able to get some great shots of you guys with the ocean behind you. Carmen SHOULD still be there, I don't think her contract is up yet.

Email me at the address I gave you on board and I'll get you the coorect addy.

Hi Elena,

Yes, I checked out our photo, almost broke your camera. Loved the beautiful sunset photos. tho'.

Tried to log onto the shopping site you gave me, but it was for something totally different. Help, can you e-mail me more info. when you get the chance. No hurry because I'm going to be busy the next week studying for a test I have to take for work.

Happy sailing,

Joanne

The hair photos are great! take a copy of them with you to show her. She's great, I know you'll have a wonderful time! The Navigator lounge is lovely and the photographer should be able to get some great shots of you guys with the ocean behind you. Carmen SHOULD still be there, I don't think her contract is up yet.

I emailed my Wedding Coordinator in case they can reserve Carmen ahead of time.

If not I will request her as soon as I board.

Hope she's still there.

How many stylists did they have on board?

I was told by the wedding coordinator to wash my hair the day before and I told her it would be useless to do that to my hair, too oily and thin.

My hair will have to washed, moussed, and curled & dried that morning to have any body at all! They have already charged me $70 for an updo. I will pay more if they can do miracles!

Is that what you got, an updo for formal nights?

I also want to get it cut (a few tiny grey hairs covered) & styled after the wedding , a wee bit shorter.

Liz

Eandee,

I think there at least 3 stylists but there may be more as I discovered talking to Carmen. Apparently many of them do more than 1 specific thing, for example, I asked for the "Frangipanni Head and Neck Massage" package (which is a mini-vacation all by its self:D ) and Carmen was the one who did the massage for me, but then she also washed and styled my hair! So I think many of the employees at the spa are multi talented in several fields? No updo for me:( Made the mistake a few months back of cutting my hair shortish, but Carmen was able to create a very soffisticated "do" for me for the formal evenings. If I were you I'd go right to the Spa when you board because the appointments book up fast. The nail technician who did my 13 yr old daughters nails was fantastic as well, unfortunately my daughter does not remember her name but the nail polish she did for her lasted the entire cruise!

I emailed my Wedding Coordinator in case they can reserve Carmen ahead of time.

If not I will request her as soon as I board.

Hope she's still there.

How many stylists did they have on board?

I was told by the wedding coordinator to wash my hair the day before and I told her it would be useless to do that to my hair, too oily and thin.

My hair will have to washed, moussed, and curled & dried that morning to have any body at all! They have already charged me $70 for an updo. I will pay more if they can do miracles!

Is that what you got, an updo for formal nights?

I also want to get it cut (a few tiny grey hairs covered) & styled after the wedding , a wee bit shorter.

Liz

Eandee, we only went to 2 "shows" on the ship and did not see the dancers, but that does not mean there are not doing it. Go to the "Mercury 3/30/05 to Mexico" thread and ask there as you'd get a better answer from all the other folks who went with us.

Cher Amie,

did you guys have all the Mexican Dancers shown in this link on your Mercury cruise too??

Liz

http://community.webshots.com/album/278774202fkEtaR?992

If you have the time, could you please post the schedule for formal, informal and casual. Trying to figure it all out. In addition to the 11 nights on board, we will be in San Fran 3 days before and 1 after.

Thanks

No Problem bbmdschmidt, here goes:

11 night cruise schedule for dining/clothes.

Sail day Main 6:15 Late 8:30-Casual

Day 2-Monterey Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Formal

Day 3-Catalina Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Casual

Day 4-At Sea Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Informal

Day 5-At Sea Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Formal

Day 6-Puerto Vallarta Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Informal

Day 7-Manzanillo Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Casual

Day 8-Mazatlan Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Informal

Day 9-Cabo San Lucas Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Casual

Day 10-At Sea Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Formal

Day 11-At Sea Main 6:00 Late 8:30-Casual

On the very 1st day you'll get the daily schedule in your room and on the front it states the schedule for dress and dining for the whole trip.:D

I kept the "Celebrity Today" from each day of our cruise as I thought it would be fun to look back and see what was offered that day (activities, sales etc) versus what we did.

Happy Cruising!

If you have the time, could you please post the schedule for formal, informal and casual. Trying to figure it all out. In addition to the 11 nights on board, we will be in San Fran 3 days before and 1 after.

Thanks

Cher Amie~

Thanks for posting that..it is helpful. You mentioned saving your dailies, can you tell me what some of the spa specials were that are offered. I have a pre-booked package but plan to spend a lot more time there and this would helpful to plan out...not sure if the spa staff would tell us upon arrival what specials will be?

Hmmmm...............I would think they they just repeat all the same specials but don't hold me to it as being written in stone ok?:p

On port days they have the best specials, here's one from Puerto Vallarta:

Mix & Match any 3 treatments $79.00 Choose from the following: Hand re-polish* Toe re-polish*mini facial*foot & ankle massage* eye treatment* scalp massage.

"75 Minutes of sheer bliss" $89.00 this includes: 25 min T-Pool, 25 min mini facial, 25 min back, neck and shoulder massage.

I had the "Frangipanni" head, neck and shoulder massage" for only $35.00 and it included a blow dry styling!

They also run specials on Accupuncture during the cruise.

The first day on board they had a special for the "Weary Traveler"50 min massage of the foot,ankle,back and neck for $79.00

Enjoy!

Cher Amie~

Thanks for posting that..it is helpful. You mentioned saving your dailies, can you tell me what some of the spa specials were that are offered. I have a pre-booked package but plan to spend a lot more time there and this would helpful to plan out...not sure if the spa staff would tell us upon arrival what specials will be?

I wouldn't be worrying too much about the dress code. Believe it or not, I saw men wearing jeans on "Informal" night wherein "Jackets" were requested. Only about 75% of the men bothered with the jackets on our cruise on the Mercury last week. I had heard Celebrity was more dressy than RCCL. NOT. At least not on our cruise last week...

Karen

Archived