Anyone just get off the Victory?

pjwtrouble

I am looking for anyone just off the Victory in the last month or two. The three times we have cruised out of PR we were able to buy liquor in the liquor store that was located between check in and Security at the terminal. Can anyone confirm if this is still there?

Thanks for your help and happy Cruising

I am looking for anyone just off the Victory in the last month or two. The three times we have cruised out of PR we were able to buy liquor in the liquor store that was located between check in and Security at the terminal. Can anyone confirm if this is still there?

It was there in September 2011.

It is on the right as you enter the terminal in between the 2 sets of doors.

Thanks for all the information, a little more information please. We were able to purchase upstairs right after check-in but before security and just put liquor in your carry on and had no problems bringing it on the ship. In fact we received free samples as we waited in line :D

Thanks for all the information, a little more information please. We were able to purchase upstairs right after check-in but before security and just put liquor in your carry on and had no problems bringing it on the ship. In fact we received free samples as we waited in line :D

yea we were there in OCT and they the screeners were letting everything through. We had beer left over from our pre cruise stay no problem they just kept telling us empty your pockets have everything in your carry ons they could have cared less what it was as long as it wasnt a something dangerous. Some of the people went back with backpacks got a few more and came back on.Yea and that place was open they had samples passing them out while we waited to board.

We just returned from the Victory on Sunday Jan 15. We boarded the ship and went back to buy wine. Did not realize that we could only bring wine when you first board. You cannot bring it on board if you have boarded the ship and leave to go to port. Security at the xray area did not stop us. Security as you walk back on the ship did and confiscated our wine and gave it back to us on the last day. We were not the only ones.

There was a huge pile of bottles that we taken and all of them were in the same bag as ours from the liquour store right before you get on the ship.

Yes there were samples and there was a table set up where you were supposed to give them your liquor before stepping on the ship, but no one was doing this and the only time I tried to bring bottles on was in St Lucia and they did take it and hold it until Saturday night.

Yes its still there and its true the security doesnt care whats in your bags when you first check in. They was to busy talking about what they were going to do after they got out of work.

As far as checking liquor in there was a few times we got from an island and the line was long to check in liquor and I grew very impatient and just walked to my room without checking in my liquor. I went unnoticed. So try checking in when everyone else is checking in and just stand in line for like 2 minutes and walk off the line like you didnt know what the line was for. :D

dont put in carry on keep seperate they will tag it after security put it in u bag we walked on with 18 litres between 4 couples

the liquior store is still there but you arent allowed to take it aboard in your carry on this time, they will want to you check it, im sure there is a way around this but who knows. you can bring wine on and when i sailed march 11 we brought on bottles both when we checked in and when we boarded again after walking around OSJ. We bought our wine at CVS they had good prices.

Archived