Which inside cabin on Allure for a family of 4 - can someone PLEASE help me?

Alex uk

Hi, I wonder if one of you experts could help me please as I'm feeling a little bit lost/overwhelmed :)

I am looking to book later on today for the September 15th Eastern cruise on the Allure and I'd like some help with which area and deck to request for our staterooms. Our family would like an inside, we have 8 and a 10 year boys and my sister wants a balcony (they won't have kids with them).

Is there a better place to be with kids?

Thanks in advance :)

I would book deck 8 by the elevators just because it is centrally located, but your inside quad is going to limit you because there are not very many of them. I saw some on deck 6, so I would probably book there.

I guess it mostly depends on whether you want to be higher up on the ship or not. The price probably increases as you go to higher decks.

It looks like there are around 20 Inside Quad staterooms available for that sailing.

Deck 8 is handy for Central Park, great for breakfast time at the Park Cafe.

Looking at Deck 8 there is a D4 balcony not too far from the Quad Inside stateroom if your sister wants to be near your stateroom.

Your children may not want to share Sofa Bed but prefer Pullman beds (they come down from the ceiling, your stateroom attendant will do this)

So remember to ask if the stateroom has a Sofa Bed or two Pullman beds.

EDITED TO ADD : Deck 6 (6551) appears to be the only one available which has pullman beds....going by RCCL deck plans etc.

I would book deck 8 by the elevators just because it is centrally located, but your inside quad is going to limit you because there are not very many of them. I saw some on deck 6, so I would probably book there.

I guess it mostly depends on whether you want to be higher up on the ship or not. The price probably increases as you go to higher decks.

Thank you Marci, it would be handy to be centrally located and by the elevators :) We're not too bothered about being really high up, if we have the elevators close by it's no problem to jump in one of them to get up quite quickly.

It looks like there are around 20 Inside Quad staterooms available for that sailing.

Deck 8 is handy for Central Park, great for breakfast time at the Park Cafe.

Looking at Deck 8 there is a D4 balcony not too far from the Quad Inside stateroom if your sister wants to be near your stateroom.

Your children may not want to share Sofa Bed but prefer Pullman beds (they come down from the ceiling, your stateroom attendant will do this)

So remember to ask if the stateroom has a Sofa Bed or two Pullman beds.

EDITED TO ADD : Deck 6 (6551) appears to be the only one available which has pullman beds....going by RCCL deck plans etc.

Thank you Elizanessie :)

It looks like deck 8 will be our best bet then.

Our boys would probably prefer a Pullman, but it wouldn't be a huge problem for them to share a sofa bed. If the only available Pullman is on deck 6, but deck 8 has the better location, I'm sure they can manage to share.

Where can I look to see what staterooms are available for the sailing?

Where can I look to see what staterooms are available for the sailing?

Just have a look at the RCCL UK website ..it will select a stateroom when you put in the details...but if you click on Change Stateroom it will bring up a list of more rooms available and you can check them out on the deck plans which it will show also.

Just have a look at the RCCL UK website ..it will select a stateroom when you put in the details...but if you click on Change Stateroom it will bring up a list of more rooms available and you can check them out on the deck plans which it will show also.

Ahh mine is playing up. I'm on the RCCL website in another window, but it won't show me anything other than Deck 3 for the inside staterooms.

I may have to give them a ring.

Ahh mine is playing up. I'm on the RCCL website in another window, but it won't show me anything other than Deck 3 for the inside staterooms.

I may have to give them a ring.

Alex, try it through Internet Explorer ..oh and I just looked and some of the the Outside stateroom prices were lower than Inside ones :D

If booking online you get 5% discount ...so if you call to book mention that you were trying to book it online to get the discount but the site appeared to be having issues and you may get the same discount or better.:)

Alex, try it through Internet Explorer ..oh and I just looked and some of the the Outside stateroom prices were lower than Inside ones :D

If booking online you get 5% discount ...so if you call to book mention that you were trying to book it online to get the discount but the site appeared to be having issues and you may get the same discount or better.:)

Oh brilliant, that's even better :)

Do you recall which outside rooms were cheaper? x

Category I ...they are on deck 3 ...but there are some with the Pullman beds in that category :D

I have the outsides coming in at £2,208. The insides are only showing deck 3 and they're £2,066 - not much difference.

Or, promenade view insides on deck 7 are £2,206. They are larger than the regular insides too aren't they. Ooooh decisions decisions :D

I have the outsides coming in at £2,208. The insides are only showing deck 3 and they're £2,066 - not much difference.

Or, promenade view insides on deck 7 are £2,206. They are larger than the regular insides too aren't they. Ooooh decisions decisions :D

Mmm I am seeing the Outside category I for 2 adults and 2 children showing as £2,096. :confused: mmm now that is strange.

Mmm I am seeing the Outside category I for 2 adults and 2 children showing as £2,096. :confused: mmm now that is strange.

It is very strange :confused:

Also, when I'm playing around with different options, it keeps offering me cabins with the triangle symbol next to it, which only sleeps 3. I've definitely put that we're a family of 4 in. I'm going to shut it down and start again, maybe it'll reboot itself and start behaving x

Ok Alex...I rebooted and I am now seeing Inside Quad category L on Sept 16th 2012 Allure Eastern Caribbean for £2024 for 2 adults and 2 children.

Decks 6,7,8,9,10 & 11

Oh god sorry I should have said earlier, it's for September NEXT year. I can't believe I didn't think we were on different years :o

Haha yes :D.

Sorry to have wasted your time, at least I know have a good idea of what to look for :)

Hey no worries, it was my fault :o

Ok now I am seeing what you were seeing -

Category M Inside Quad Deck 3 £2066

10 showing as available.

Category L inside Quad Decks 6,7,9,10,11,12 & 14 £2090

(25 of them showing on a site I can't mention as its a TA site)

6193,6597,6601,6605,7452,7595,9452,9575,10452,10575,11423,11427,11431,11435,11436,

You probably wont see all of these showing as available on RCCL UK site but you can put the number into the search for stateroom box and it should then as available.

Hope this helps :D

Hey no worries, it was my fault :o

Ok now I am seeing what you were seeing -

Category M Inside Quad Deck 3 £2066

10 showing as available.

Category L inside Quad Decks 6,7,9,10,11,12 & 14 £2090

(25 of them showing on a site I can't mention as its a TA site)

6193,6597,6601,6605,7452,7595,9452,9575,10452,10575,11423,11427,11431,11435,11436,

You probably wont see all of these showing as available on RCCL UK site but you can put the number into the search for stateroom box and it should then as available.

Hope this helps :D

Aw Elizanessie, thank you SO much for your help. You've been a star :)

That's a mighty lot of cabin numbers for me to investigate. I think I'll probably go for one of the ones on deck 7 to be closer to Central Perk and the Boardwalk. Deck 8 would have been ideal, but they're all gone. They sure sell out pretty quickly don't they.

I have just settled back down to start my search again (had to leave for school run and work yesterday). I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks once again, I really appreciate it x

Aw Elizanessie, thank you SO much for your help. You've been a star :)

That's a mighty lot of cabin numbers for me to investigate. I think I'll probably go for one of the ones on deck 7 to be closer to Central Perk and the Boardwalk. Deck 8 would have been ideal, but they're all gone. They sure sell out pretty quickly don't they.

I have just settled back down to start my search again (had to leave for school run and work yesterday). I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks once again, I really appreciate it x

Hi Alex

Thank you :o

Sorry I didn't have time to check which of the cabins had sofa beds and which had pullmans..I wanted to get the list of cabins posted for you asap.

I like Deck 6 on the Allure or Deck 8...though this year in December I will be on Deck 11..(well at the moment anyway might change it later).:D

Glad to have helped and just shout out if you need any more help.:D

Hi Alex

Thank you :o

Sorry I didn't have time to check which of the cabins had sofa beds and which had pullmans..I wanted to get the list of cabins posted for you asap.

I like Deck 6 on the Allure or Deck 8...though this year in December I will be on Deck 11..(well at the moment anyway might change it later).:D

Glad to have helped and just shout out if you need any more help.:D

Just to let you know I booked today, stateroom 7589 which has a Promenade view :)

I'm going to ring up to swap it tomorrow for one directly opposite. 7589 overlooks 'On Air' and I'd prefer to be looking down on to 'Boleros'. I'm very happy with my choice :D

Just to let you know I booked today, stateroom 7589 which has a Promenade view :)

I'm going to ring up to swap it tomorrow for one directly opposite. 7589 overlooks 'On Air' and I'd prefer to be looking down on to 'Boleros'. I'm very happy with my choice :D

Congrats on booking the Allure :D

Thank for letting me know Alex. I am going back on the Allure (for the 4th time) in December and I will try to get some pics for you of your cabin window.

Archived