Jewel PH Suites 10000&10500 Info Please

djmess

Looking at one of these for an Alaskan Cruise 2013

Is one better than the other, or are they the same?

Never done a suite, but want to experience Alaska this way

Any info and/or Pics would be greatly appreciated

How comfortable for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids)? We've stayed in many inside cabins with 3 or 4, so thinking we will be in heaven.

Thanks for all your help and assistance

I will be in 10000 next Dec. 10000 & 10500 are mirror image. There are photos online on photobucket (I think that is the site) from a couple of years ago. Google ncl jewel penthouse 10500 and you should find them.

I can't answer the space for kids question but if you are used to insides it will feel like a palace, I think lol. The bed for them would just be the couch I think, so check carefully that the room holds 4 and that sleeping arrangements will meet your needs.

I'll post pictures when I get back but you probably don't want to wait that long!

10000 and 10500 are the two largest forward penthouses on the Jewel class ships, and they have a nice sized balcony. We liked this penthouse a lot. I think you and the kids will be fine in it. But do keep an eye on them because they are often the first forward penthouses to be booked.

Thank you for the info on the pics. I had looked in youtube, but for the life of me can't think why I didn't just google what I was looking for.

The pics were great and I'm so excited as we just booked Penthouse 10000 for Alaska summer 2013.

I will start my official countdown after my return from the Epic!

I think the overall balcony+room space is the same, but there is a difference in the shape of the room for the center cabins (10000&10500), which results in less balcony space but more room space. If you look at the deck plans for the Dawn, you will see that the cabins under the bridge have a bump out. Apparently, so do the Jewel class ships, it is just not shown on the deck plans. The "living room" part of 10000&10500 is bigger and has more windows than the others.

Congrats! Keeps your eyes peeled next Dec., and I'll post a little photo tour of the cabin when I get back.

I look forward to the poto tour. After a million cruises since the early 90's, This is a first ever suite. I can't love it soooo much as it will probably be another decade before I pay for a suite again. I love to cruise a couple times a year, so will go back to insides and portholes after this. Coming from the east coast we decided to make this a very special cruise. I also just met a new neighbor from the Seattle area and she is going to give us all the ins and outs of the area so we can spend a few days prior and after the cruise.

Seattle is a great city. I went there last summer for a long weekend and had a great time. Does your cruise stop in Victoria? That is where I live, so could provide some insider info, closer to the date.

I know what you mean by not wanting to love it too much. On our Dec cruise on the Sun we had an upsell to a suite, first time. I think it was day 3 when I looked at my husband and said "we are in serious trouble here. This is too good". It made the entire cruise experience different. And we didn't even have a haven suite! Can't imagine what that would be like...

It was also my first time in a cabin on the bow. Wasn't sure how much I would like that, as I really like stern cabins, but it was fabulous. On the windy days I felt like what's her name in the titanic movie. The deck was my sanctuary. That's actually what we called the room - we would go back to our sanctuary...

Seattle is a great city. I went there last summer for a long weekend and had a great time. Does your cruise stop in Victoria? That is where I live, so could provide some insider info, closer to the date.

I know what you mean by not wanting to love it too much. On our Dec cruise on the Sun we had an upsell to a suite, first time. I think it was day 3 when I looked at my husband and said "we are in serious trouble here. This is too good". It made the entire cruise experience different. And we didn't even have a haven suite! Can't imagine what that would be like...

It was also my first time in a cabin on the bow. Wasn't sure how much I would like that, as I really like stern cabins, but it was fabulous. On the windy days I felt like what's her name in the titanic movie. The deck was my sanctuary. That's actually what we called the room - we would go back to our sanctuary...

Yes, we do stop in Victoria, so please, please pass on any insider info. We want to maximize this entire trip.

I stayed in an Aft Balcony cabin a few years ago, but the ones that hold 4 people are the higher priced suites or the mini suites and we want the suite perks on this trip. I'm looking forward to the forward location and loved your analogy. I will definitely think of that while sailing

Archived