Annoying Phone Calls from Carnival Agents

Chihuahua-Mama

It is by my enjoyment and perhaps curiosity to go to http://www.carnival.com and look at the different available cruises, and see the price differences and, well many other interesting things.

As a past cruiser, I log in, because it will offer me past cruiser prices.

EVERY TIME I log in, less then 12 hrs later I get a phone call from Carnival, one on the house phone, one on the cell phone and then a "We missed you" email.

We stopped answering the phone when they called, because it was annoying telling them, were not ready yet, just looking. EVERY TIME!

One day, my husband answered, and polity told the agent, we are not ready to book, when we are, we will call you. The agent then sent us an email stating we would be removed from the data base on the website and no more calls would come in, however if we were to log back into the website, it would put us back into the database.

I was annoyed by this, almost angry, and in fact, I will probably not book through my agent, the same one I used for the last 2 cruises, mainly because, be it his job or not, customer service laws tell me he should be able to make a note that we don't

want calls.

2 weeks later, I logged in to check the prices on the cruise we are looking at. And sure enough, we are getting the calls again.

Has anyone had the same thing happen? Has anyone figured out a way to solve it?

I think you can change your personal profile settings to indicate you do not want to be called and/or sent emails, but it might limit legit upsell calls, survey's and stuff like that.

I'm kind of surprised that you get so many calls.....I'm logged into the Carnival website just looking at least 4 or 5 times a week and I don't think I've gotten a call more than 2 times....

But then they can usually see that I've got a couple of cruises already booked, and typically they are trying to sell to people who are undecided and not currently booked.

change your phone number on your profile. We use 215-555-1212 I NEVER get a call when I am looking around the site

I just updated my profile, changed the number and unclicked the square saying please notify me with upcoming deals. Lets see if that helps. I am still leery, because they call my cell and my home, and my profile only listed my cell.

Yes, by developing a good rapport (and even friendship) with our PVP who we've been using for many years. It's such a cordial relationship that our PVP has even come to the port on embarkation day to have lunch with us on the ship. He knows us personally, and knows that we'll call him when we are ready to book and he doesn't need to "follow up" every time we check the Carnival website.

Keep in mind that you're one of thousands of guests that each PVP deals with. So unless you stand out, you're just another guest. All they do is follow what their computer system prompts them to do (in your case, follow up after a website visit).

Although you can do what other people have suggested (don't log on, change email, phone numbers etc), that also would mean that you will miss out on any communications of special sales, emails, etc.

Believe me, these calls or emails may be annoying when you're not actively planning a cruise, but they are NOT when you are! Our PVP has literally saved us thousands of dollars over the years! :)

EVERY TIME I go to the Carnival website just to check out different itineraries I get a call from a PVP - I don't even think he is one I have used in the past. If I answer he says "What can I help you with?" And I say "You can stop calling me, I've told you several times to stop calling me." And he apologizes, then calls me back about 2 minutes later because apparently they have my phone number down twice or something. And I DON'T log on with a past guest number - I just browse the website. This hadn't happened to me in the past - it started happening about 3 months ago when a friend told me about a cruise they were going on and I went online to check out the itinerary. Since then I have gotten literally 40 or so phone calls from the same PVP at Carnival, and usually in groups of 2 at a time - if I come home and there is one message from him, there are 2. I started using Kayak to avoid going to the Carnival website. I actually did book a Carnival cruise last week and the PVP I used was not him (just used whoever answered when I called - but I was thinking, if that guy answers I will hang up and call back).

It is by my enjoyment and perhaps curiosity to go to http://www.carnival.com and look at the different available cruises, and see the price differences and, well many other interesting things.

As a past cruiser, I log in, because it will offer me past cruiser prices.

EVERY TIME I log in, less then 12 hrs later I get a phone call from Carnival, one on the house phone, one on the cell phone and then a "We missed you" email.

We stopped answering the phone when they called, because it was annoying telling them, were not ready yet, just looking. EVERY TIME!

One day, my husband answered, and polity told the agent, we are not ready to book, when we are, we will call you. The agent then sent us an email stating we would be removed from the data base on the website and no more calls would come in, however if we were to log back into the website, it would put us back into the database.

I was annoyed by this, almost angry, and in fact, I will probably not book through my agent, the same one I used for the last 2 cruises, mainly because, be it his job or not, customer service laws tell me he should be able to make a note that we don't

want calls.

2 weeks later, I logged in to check the prices on the cruise we are looking at. And sure enough, we are getting the calls again.

All the time! Resolution - I don't answer the phone. Eventually the calls go away.

Awhile back when I was checking out prices Carnival had called so I knew at that moment on I was be tracked. I would even tell my husband when Carnival would be calling.

Funny thing is I had booked in September and my PVP called 3 days later asking if I was ready to book a cruise. duh!!!

I do logout but apparently cookies are still tracking my travels.

Whenever I go to Carnival to just look around, I never log in. It will still let you choose past guest, military, senior, etc... discounts, and I never get calls from Carnival. I have even called my PVP about a cruise we have already booked and he hasn't called me back yet(that was over 2 weeks ago). Guess I'm just lucky. If I do need to speak to a person, I call Carnival direct. I have gotten better service, and a quick response to my questions/changes that way.

Funny thing is I had booked in September and my PVP called 3 days later asking if I was ready to book a cruise. duh!!

A call to the 800-Carnival number prompts a follow up from your PVP. At the time the PVP calls, all they see is that your profile was flagged for a follow up call after your initial inquiry. They don't know if you called to ask a general question or if you actually booked. That's what the follow up call is for, duh!!;)

We have never received a phone call from our PVP unless I have called him and left a message. I currently have 3 cruises "saved" in the Carnival website for the same week in October as we are trying to decide which would be best for us. You would think somebody would call us to help us decide, but no! Nobody calls.

Odd, I have sailed with Carnival 11 times, have three more booked for 2012 and check the website daily praying for a price drop on the first ES I have booked. I have NEVER been called by a PVP. Granted, I have never booked with one, but still. I have always booked through Carnival directly not using a TA, I've booked a couple through the groups department and the rest through their website. I certainly don't mind not being called....but I have also never been contacted for an upsell. I would love to have the opportunity to consider an upsell, but I guess Carnival just doesn't love me. Sniff....

Good grief, now watch my phone blow up and they will call me EVERY time I log in to the website! Hmmmm, that could be a full time job for someone! :p

We never get calls before we book a cruise.

After we book we get asked if things are going ok. Sometimes if we want to upgrade at a price or purchase insurance. I would not give them a nonworking phone number. It could be an important phone call that they have to give you information on a delay or free upgrade.

I always login when I go to the Carnival web site every day. I have yet to receive a call because I logged in. I always check the keep me informed box.

Archived