Southern Caribbean - Mar 7th - Dawn

WeBeCruisers?

We had no idea in selecting which inside room (or deck) but what are the pros/cons of our booked room 11115 on The Dawn?

Any suggestions on where to stay (location) and specific ground transportation in Miami - at the airport and then to the port the following day, or downtown and then to the port?

When checking in at the port should we send all luggage to the room or drag along our carry-on's until our room is available?

Boarding starts at noon...should we arrive earlier than that or later towards the deadline?

11115 looks to be under the garden cafe. You may hear some noise from chairs etc being moved around. I usually try to find a cabin with cabins above and below the one I choose to reduce the chance of noise. I might suggest you look at interior cabins on deck 10 mid-ship. This way you have cabins above and below your room.

You can bring your carry-on with you and if you decide you don't want to carry it the ship will have a room where you check it until your cabin is ready.

You can board at a time that is good for you as long as you arrive 2 hours before departure. We usually arrive early to avoid big lines.

Have a great cruise - you're on a terrific itinerary.

I would definitely bring a carry-on each with basics and toiletries. Maybe even cross-pack clothes in the his & hers suitcases.....if for some reason one of your checked bags does not make it on board or to your cabin, you will be better covered and have much less stress.

I agree with booking cabins with cabins above and below (not public spaces) and avoid being next to "blank" spaces as shown on the deck plans. The website cruisedeckplans.com shows you several deck plans, side by side and there is an option at the bottom called "drag it decks" or something like that that allows you to superimpose one deck over another to see what lines up (hint: line the decks up using the elevators as reference points).

My choice in Miami would be to stay at a hotel near the port and have a leisurely morning. Using Google Maps, you can search on "hotels near port of miami" and see where they are.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with booking cabins with cabins above and below (not public spaces) and avoid being next to "blank" spaces as shown on the deck plans. The website cruisedeckplans.com shows you several deck plans, side by side and there is an option at the bottom called "drag it decks" or something like that that allows you to superimpose one deck over another to see what lines up (hint: line the decks up using the elevators as reference points).

This is a very cool site. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Archived