Embarkation day wedding advice needed

brklyn78

For those of you who've gotten married on embarkation day, was there time for you and your bridesmaids to change prior to the wedding, or do I need to tell my bridesmaids they need to be dressed already? I know I've got to be hair and make-up ready, and I am going to tell them they need to also, but I'm wondering about the dresses. The coordinator (AW4Y) said they should probably be "ready" when they arrive, but that seems a bit insane if they truly just have to slip on a dress. If they need to configure complicated spanx, etc., that's another thing, but I feel like I should tell them they can change in my room... unless I'm asking for trouble.

Thoughts?

My maid of honor slipped into her dress on the ship in my room. We were both completely ready, minus our clothing and she put her dress on, which took about 30 seconds, and then helped me get dressed, which took about 5 minutes. Then we sat and talked and laughed while we waited over 30 minutes for the photographer to come.

If you don't think you will need too much time to get dressed and touched up, and you know your bridesmaid can put a dress on in like a minute, then it works.

How difficult is your dress to get on? We had 30 minutes to get ready. I told my bridesmaids they could change in my room if they wanted but they decided to get dressed before boarding. My dress only took about 5 minutes to get on, it was just a zipper. When one of my friends got married it took her about 30 minutes to get the dress on because it had such a complicated lace up.

BTW, it was a little cramped in my room. I had a balcony room so I can see it being complicated for several girls to get dressed, especially if they are modest about being in their underwear around others. There was a very small area for me to try to get into my dress near the bathroom.

Since we had guest cruising with us we asked if we could have a second cabin available, and not just ours, which was granted with no problem. we were on NCL but it doesn't hurt to ask. We got dressed in our cabin, and our wedding party which was only two other people got dressed in the second cabin. Everyone should have their hair and make-up done before boarding. There will be time to get dressed on board so they don't have to come in their gowns.

The time is limited but so as not to feel rushed it is best to be as ready as you can. Their photographer was late so we had an extra 30 minutes to get ready. Not good cause it shortened our reception time by 30 minutes, but good because the wedding department gave us a nice chunk of change back! We did not miss that 30 minutes at all. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived