showers on the Diamond princess

ltdmcc

All showers in all cabins have had hand held heads.

Pia, are you sure about this?? I thought only handicapped cabins had the hand-held shower heads on a flexible line. All the regular cabins that we've had just had the shower head on the wall...

All cabins have the standard wall mounted shower head. You can request a hand held shower head on the flexible hose, but keep in mind they don't give you a holder to use it hands free. If you are not holding it, it is hanging down by your feet. I know from first hand experience when we had to get one due to traveling with a friend who was in a cast and had to shower very carefully. ;) You need to fax your request ahead of time to Princess.

Pia, are you sure about this?? I thought only handicapped cabins had the hand-held shower heads on a flexible line. All the regular cabins that we've had just had the shower head on the wall...

I suppose I'm mistaken, but I just got off both the Pacific and Ocean and they had it. Will board the Grand on the 4th, so will see what they have. In my mind they all had them, but I guess not. :confused:

Ocean and Pacific are a different class of ship I was disappointing when we started sailing Sapphire/Diamond and they didn't have the hand helds, nearly every other ship and line does.

I suppose I'm mistaken, but I just got off both the Pacific and Ocean and they had it. Will board the Grand on the 4th, so will see what they have. In my mind they all had them, but I guess not. :confused:

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me if the Diamond Princess showers have hand held heads? In a Balcony Caribe deck???

Can you ask for one?

We requested a hand held shower head on an inside cabin on Grand Princess in Feb. 2012. Contacted the Princess Access Office [accessoffice@princesscruises.com] prior to sailing and one was installed for us. It did not have a holder when we arrived. We insisted on a holder. They improvised one for us with a piece of wood, a piece of PVC, and thick double faced tape. It worked out perfectly. I took a picture of it because I never want to sail again without it.

DSCN3011.jpg

All other lines have hand held shower heads. I do not understand why Princess does not. I would like to see them added. The showers are so small. Princess would save SO MUCH WATER. People could rinse more efficiently.

We love Princess, except for the shower head, the awful pillows and the hard mattress. We resolved all 3 issues. First the hand held shower. Bought pillows at K-mart before boarding, brought pillow cases from home. Requested egg crate and extra comforters on top of the mattress, plus requested a top sheet. Slept like babies.

Moral: ask and ye shall receive. :)

Can anyone tell me if the Diamond Princess showers have hand held heads? In a Balcony Caribe deck???

Can you ask for one?

Regardless of the type shower head, there is a required technique for use:

Soap your body and spin around. Very efficient!:p

Archived