Knips Bay

JennLuvs2Cruise

We had a driver for the day and this was one of the beaches we visited. We went to Lagun first to do some snorkeling (this is a good snorkeling beach but there isn't alot of "beach"). The weather wasn't so great so it wasn't as clear as we'd hoped....by the time we got to Knip it was actually raining off and on..still a pretty beach (obviously not crowded this day). There are better pictures on line if you search that beach than I can upload from our cloudy day.

After the beaches we headed over to the natural bridge and blow holes....of course the weather cleared up by then but we probably wouldn't have left the beaches and would have missed these other sites......if it had been a sunny calm day and we'd stayed snorkeling.

We loved touring around and checking out a variety of places.

Since you're travelling with a toddler, please realize that there are NO amenities at Knip. No restrooms, restaurants and the place that rent out beach chairs is almost always closed.

Also, Knip is very far away, so keep the time in mind.

Personally, if travelling with a small child I would go to Blue Bay, Cas Abao or Mambo Beach.

Both beaches are great. My family prefers Cas Abao - we try to go there every weekend. For us it's cheaper (entrance fee is lower) and we get to bring our own food and drinks.

Blue Bay has a kiddie pool and a playground, so that would be fun for your little one.

Again, you can't go wrong with either beach. Have fun!

Thanks so much for the information & advice - really appreciate it! May sound like an odd question but which beach has softer sand? Would you recommend wearing water shoes to any of these beaches? I don't have sensitive feet but didn't know if the sand was coarse or soft.

The sand overall is soft. Cas Abao might have some rough patches when you're getting in the water. So at the entrance, take a LEFT.

The sand is much better over there.

For real soft sand you might want to visit Cabana Beach (which is the same as Kontiki, Mambo or Seaquarium beach). It's a man-made beach, so the sand is more powder-y.

Archived