Television, dvd, video on board Dawn

dishealth11

hey dishealth11,

i was curious to know this answer too so I did some browsing and came across an answer. there is no abc, fox, nbc, etc...there's a channel to watch the past day's video footage shot on the ship, something about shore excursions, an auction channel (don't know if I understood that correctly), CNN, and I believe a channel that says where the ship is located at the moment.

and they do have espn in the bars/pubs on ship but one poster said it was international espn so who knows. :confused:

hope this helps!

Tim

Hiya Tim,

I saw the same post you saw, and I'm still not clear on what exactly there is to watch. I know what there isn't--broadcast tv or cable (something about it being too cost prohibitive-which I don't fully understand for free tv). I saw some reference to movie channels-do you know about those? What about bringing your own movies? Of course, this is only relevant because we're bringing kids.

hey dishealth11,

i was curious to know this answer too so I did some browsing and came across an answer. there is no abc, fox, nbc, etc...there's a channel to watch the past day's video footage shot on the ship, something about shore excursions, an auction channel (don't know if I understood that correctly), CNN, and I believe a channel that says where the ship is located at the moment.

and they do have espn in the bars/pubs on ship but one poster said it was international espn so who knows. :confused:

hope this helps!

Tim

hi dishealth11 (what's your first name..it'd be more cordial! :) ),

yeah i think it's law that american tv can't be rebroadcasted or something I read. can't really remember. but anyways, not sure about the movie channel. I didn't hear about that. I do know they show movies in the cinema on deck 12.

as for the bringing your own movies....i know that some rooms come with dvd players (garden villa, for one) but I'm not sure which category rooms have them. all I know is mine doesn't..haha.

maybe someone else knows more?

see ya!

Tim

What exactly is there to watch on Dawn tv?

Also, do the rooms have vcr/dvd players, OR tvs have audio video input jacks?

(must keep the kiddies in mind)

I believe the DVD players are in the AD Suites and upwards. Not sure about vcrs, though.

What exactly is there to watch on Dawn tv?

Also, do the rooms have vcr/dvd players, OR tvs have audio video input jacks?

(must keep the kiddies in mind)

In all the cabins, the TV's have little A/V jacks in the front that are easily accessible.

Channels: aside from those mentioned above, there are also 2 or three movie channels that seem to run continuously... check the listing in your cabin for times and titles.

There is also a CBS international channel which provides reruns of popular CBS sitcoms like Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, etc...

Personally.. other than a few times while in the cabin ... I don't think we powered up the TV so much... there was too much to do elsewhere :)

Here is the line up on the Dawn - I bring everything back :D

1. Onboard info

2 Bow Cam

3 CNN

4. Restaurant info

5 Documentaries

6 Activities Channel

7 Cartoon Network (when Available)

8 TNT(when Available)

9 Movies 1

10 Favorite shows - reruns as posted

11 Destination Channel

12 Shore Excursion Info

13 Freestyle Channel

14 Navagation/Annoucement - gives time temp location sea conditions

15 ESPN (when Available)

16 Movies 2

17 Safety Channel

18 Onboard Info

Movies are edited for content :cool:

Here is the line up on the Dawn - I bring everything back :D

1. Onboard info

2 Bow Cam

3 CNN

4. Restaurant info

5 Documentaries

6 Activities Channel

7 Cartoon Network (when Available)

8 TNT(when Available)

9 Movies 1

10 Favorite shows - reruns as posted

11 Destination Channel

12 Shore Excursion Info

13 Freestyle Channel

14 Navagation/Annoucement - gives time temp location sea conditions

15 ESPN (when Available)

16 Movies 2

17 Safety Channel

18 Onboard Info

Movies are edited for content :cool:

Do they have an interactive system that allows you to view your onboard charges yet? They didn't last time I sailed her but I love this feature on Celebrity and at resorts. Also, do they ever record and play on the tv the show from the theatre? Travelling with small kids so probably won't make it to the shows much.

Do they have an interactive system that allows you to view your onboard charges yet? They didn't last time I sailed her but I love this feature on Celebrity and at resorts. Also, do they ever record and play on the tv the show from the theatre? Travelling with small kids so probably won't make it to the shows much.

Pride of America will be the first ship with that. I believe The Jewel will as well. I noticed every cabin is wired for the internet as well.

None of the Shows but many of the staff led events - liars club, 50's party, etc. They also replay the port and debarkation talks.

Sadly Me

I hate to admit it but I watch TV when I am cruising. Altough NCLs TV is pretty minimal I still watched it. Altough it is a good source for information about the cruise, not much for entertainment though.

Thomas Carden

Archived