Celebration AI

Hi has anyone got an up to date bar list for celebration or how much is the AI supplement for a can of Strongbow?

think its £138 per cabin for the drinks package but not sure what drinks it covers. We paid £98 when we booked last year.

Re the AI charge.... unless you were lucky and booked last Oct/Nov getting it "free" then the AI package is £199 per person per week. We had it on Celebration in November having got it free in booking around May time. Realised we had "missed the boat" when we came to book Red Sea Magic for upcoming 9 Feb cruise as the offer was no longer on. However, checked up with some quotes that I had had earlier in the year and found that the cruise part was actually a lot cheaper and if you paid the 199 then the total package was not really any dearer than it had been earlier in the year when the AI bit was supposedly "free". I am sure Thomsons work this out so at the end of the day (barring real cut price offers and cabin differences), they get approx the same amount of fare from each passenger. I have a copy of the drinks list and will scan it in tomorrow so watch this thread. We decided not to buy the AI as an add-on this cruise as we thought it unlikely we would spend the equivalent of £398 for two of us based on how much we had drunk last trip.

Re the AI charge.... unless you were lucky and booked last Oct/Nov getting it "free" then the AI package is £199 per person per week. We had it on Celebration in November having got it free in booking around May time. Realised we had "missed the boat" when we came to book Red Sea Magic for upcoming 9 Feb cruise as the offer was no longer on. However, checked up with some quotes that I had had earlier in the year and found that the cruise part was actually a lot cheaper and if you paid the 199 then the total package was not really any dearer than it had been earlier in the year when the AI bit was supposedly "free". I am sure Thomsons work this out so at the end of the day (barring real cut price offers and cabin differences), they get approx the same amount of fare from each passenger. I have a copy of the drinks list and will scan it in tomorrow so watch this thread. We decided not to buy the AI as an add-on this cruise as we thought it unlikely we would spend the equivalent of £398 for two of us based on how much we had drunk last trip.

Had a look at your trip, if they had charged us £398 I don't think we would have paid that as we would never drink that much, but we are quite happy with £49 each.:) Enjoy your trip. We have never been with Thomson cruises before.:)

Yes, just checked the summer sailings so it must be seasonal but its still a bit of a case of swings and roundabouts. I see the £138 for two people and note that they have put the price of the cabins up slightly compared to our Feb trip 98 p.p vice 72 p.p. The knack is to try and catch them when the offers overlap. We missed an opportunity before xmas when for about a week they had a free cabin upgrade on at the same time as free AI. However, I don't think there was much difference in the price compared to this month as the core cruise cost seems to go up and down at will. Our last in Nov with a week at a great hotel and "free AI" on the ship was around 2 grand which is about 300 more than we are paying for a week at Sharm and the same cabin with no "free AI". When my OH comes in, I'll try to scan in the drinks menu. Make sure you get your money's worth and drinks loads of latte/capachino to make it up.

If you are going to Ashdod then be aware it seems to have the cheapest duty free shop in the med. I,ll put an entry out later as it seems relatively new and we initially had a problem getting in but the manager soon realised the potential income from the ship as all was ok in the end.

These were correct in Nov 2011. Hope you can read these as they look ok on my screen but seem to have shrunk a lot when I uploaded them. If they are too small then if anyone knows a better way to upload them, please let me know. Could try them as PDF?

Tdrinks1.jpg.04c7e4aa0937784c595a33d0f9a146f1.jpg

Tdrinks2.jpg.f616bab9e7a7a76a5c65d67c3e18692e.jpg

You will be asked for your passenger id card every time you order a drink. Even if its included on the AI you will still have to sign for it and the bill will say £0 on it. If its a drink for which you have to pay a surcharge then only the surcharge will appear on the bill. A couple of times during the trip you will get a full print of your bill and the drinks will all be on there although for those included in AI, the charge will read £0.0p. Enjoy

At what point can you book a drinks package - I see there are very varied packages on offer! What is the dry white wine like which included in the package? Is it better to negotiate a package once on board?

Sorry, lots of questions, I am a newbie to cruises!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Did anybody manage to scan the latest Celebration drinks menu i have tried viewing the ones on this post but they are too small and when made bigger just go blurry.

I would appreciate if somebody could post them for me to look at.

thanks

We swapped ships from cruising on the dream with a drinks package for £98 per couple to cruising on the celebration, we lost the £98 package and had to pay £338 instead,this was only a couple of weeks ago and we were quite disappointed at the price. It seems though from reading on here that the price changes so maybe we were just unlucky

I wouldn't worry too much about it as I think they adjust the prices of the cruise so at the end of the day we are all paying much the same. Enjoy your cruise and come back on and let us know how you liked it. We are going in August so would be interested in your experience as its our first time on a Thomson cruise.:)

As the terms of All Inclusive are that you have to purchase the upgrade for both occupants in one cabin, can anyone tell me if you can order 2 drinks on one AI card or do you have to personally use your own card when ordering your drink at the bar or give the waiter both cabin cards when ordering a drink?

As the terms of All Inclusive are that you have to purchase the upgrade for both occupants in one cabin, can anyone tell me if you can order 2 drinks on one AI card or do you have to personally use your own card when ordering your drink at the bar or give the waiter both cabin cards when ordering a drink?

No, you only have to show the one card when purchasing the drinks, as at the end of your cruise, the cabin statement will show transactions that have been made on both cards.

The bar stock control system will tell the staff if a card is one of a pair when it is swiped at the till. You might have to show both cards but only one will be taken to be swiped.

On my last cruise i had to dissappoint a very drunk women who wanted me to buy her and her friend drinks. Sorry, I said, my card only allows me to buy one drink, a good way to get rid of her :D

We really lost out with the AI included package. We booked 2 cabins for 5 of us early and got the AI included. We then booked a 3rd cabin after the AI became chargeable. When we added the drinks package on, that cabin was cheaper than the ones with AI included - by over £500 per cabin!!

We complained, all they could offer was free AI for the 3rd cabin. We wouldn;t do it again, we would add the package on later as the base price for the cabin reduces after they finish the free AI.

Archived