Equinox eastern mediterranean september

hawkers

We are planning a six week trip of Europe from Australia in August/September 2013. Of course a cruise must be included! After looking at the 2012 schedule I am leaning towards a 10 or 11 nighter on Equinox in September. Any advice,tips or comments would be greatly appreciated.

We are planning a six week trip of Europe from Australia in August/September 2013. Of course a cruise must be included! After looking at the 2012 schedule I am leaning towards a 10 or 11 nighter on Equinox in September. Any advice,tips or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. We are from West OZ and did Equinox Western Med/Ancient Empires in 2009, 14 day from Rome. BRILLIANT>

But being Aussies we need the warmer/sunnier weather so in The Med it is best to go as June-August to achieve that. September in getting cooler and maybe a bit of rain. With any of the Celebrity S class, you cannot go wrong, get the best cabin you can afford and pick your cruise dependant on which ports you would rather visit. Possibly start your holiday off with the cruise, end in Rome or venice or Barcelona and then carry on from there. Good Luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was worried about the heat in August. From all that I have read it sounded hot and extremely humid. With European holidays too I thought Sept could be better but we my need to rethink. Our plan is to leave mid August and be home by GF day!!

Living in Belgium we off course are able to go to the mediterranean more often. We have been to the French Riviera end August and only had 22/23 degrees Celsius. It was only for a couple of days, but it can happen.

The first 2 weeks of October 2011 we spend some time in Tuscany and it was more then 30 degrees Celsius, very warm!

We did a 7 night cruise out of Rome first week of November 2011.

We had beautiful weather, most of the days 22/23 degrees Celsius.

So it all depends :D

Living in Belgium we off course are able to go to the mediterranean more often. We have been to the French Riviera end August and only had 22/23 degrees Celsius. It was only for a couple of days, but it can happen.

The first 2 weeks of October 2011 we spend some time in Tuscany and it was more then 30 degrees Celsius, very warm!

We did a 7 night cruise out of Rome first week of November 2011.

We had beautiful weather, most of the days 22/23 degrees Celsius.

So it all depends :D

22/23 is cool by our standards. Today was 37

hawkers,

Did a ten day Eastern Med cruise on Equinox in early Sept.2011.

It was perfect weather. Not a cloud in the sky and the sea was calm the whole trip.

My biggest surprise was Turkey. I loved our stop at Kusadasi and our private tour of Ephesus. I now want to do a two week land trip to Turkey. I found out that Turkey has more ancient ruins than any country on the Med.

This cruise is very port intensive, only two sea days.

Equinox is a wonderful ship with great service. I really like the lawn and sitting at the sunset bar in the evening after a exhausting day in port.

Oh, I would disagree with going in August--September will be much more pleasant touring weather. August IS hot and humid, plus is is vacation month for many Europeans which can affect your plans. My daughter lives in Oz and I am familiar with the weather--really think September is the better option. Also at least in US, kids will be be back in school and therefore fewer on board if that's an issue for you.

We typically cruise Oct or Nov in the Med - the more northern ports (Barelona, Venice, etc.) may be a bit cooler but for sightseeing still VERY pleasant. Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) is much much less crowed and the cruise prices tend to be lower.

As far as avoiding US families - if you are considering August, the later in the month you can go, the fewer US families you will find. Many US schools start Mid to Late August.

Thank you for all the replies! We have lots to plan and do welcome all views. Happy cruising!

We were on the Solstice for the September 17 Med cruise. The temps in Barcelona, Rome, Turkey, Malta, Naples, Greece, etc. were in the mid 80's for highs most of the time. Only one day with any rain for the 15 days we were in Europe. We love hot weather, so it was great for us.

Carole

Archived