Misty Fjords

TallinnGirl

How would you recommend seeing Misty Fjords? By boat or flightseeing?

Both cost more or less the same amount but of course by boat it takes about 3 times long than by plane but I am inclined to think that you see much more by boat...

And can anyone recommend a boat tour company that does these out of Ketchikan?

How would you recommend seeing Misty Fjords? By boat or flightseeing?

Both cost more or less the same amount but of course by boat it takes about 3 times long than by plane but I am inclined to think that you see much more by boat...

And can anyone recommend a boat tour company that does these out of Ketchikan?

We did the boat because my wife would just not get on a small plane, nope, no-way, ain't gonna happen. We loved it. I've seen photos of flightseeing tours out there, and flightseeing is obviously better. Boat makes a fine 2nd choice IMHO. When we went, the only tour out there was Allenmarine, and they had cruisers book through their cruise ship.

I loved the boat. We were 4' off a cliff wall that towered 300' over us. The captain said the water depth below the vessel was still 400'... We spotted so many eagles sitting in the trees... There was one guy who claimed to have spotted over 20...

731.jpg.5ba5099a90c1b1820a2afd8666c0fd03.jpg

752.jpg.f306fd2f38fd5712af351aadb27ded9d.jpg

779.jpg.81fc91072ebe4249dcb36edbc62c067c.jpg

784.jpg.4695724c3e6093cafbc1df211b60b2de.jpg

823.jpg.51d2516be639081007f4bec67d9baaa3.jpg

Ketch11.jpg.0e2e951c9d763c41ed19786fd264b342.jpg

Ketch4.jpg.a5235796103634fcf63bc8dbee37ede9.jpg

863.jpg.f0ee72b376d5e61db8d253a2217b7bf9.jpg

855.jpg.5230f8bdfc236d4e050a23cb9288a908.jpg

We've taken a flightseeing trip over Misty Fjords with Michelle at Island Wings and it was magnificent. I would highly recommend her and this trip. She does book up quickly so you may want to contact her soon.

We are cruising in Alaska - Holland America 14 day out of Seattle - in June. Since we are flightseeing in another port, we will be taking the AllenMarine Misty Fjords boat trip this time. We hear it is also quite good, although not as breathtaking as the flight.

We've taken a flightseeing trip over Misty Fjords with Michelle at Island Wings and it was magnificent. I would highly recommend her and this trip. She does book up quickly so you may want to contact her soon.

We are cruising in Alaska - Holland America 14 day out of Seattle - in June. Since we are flightseeing in another port, we will be taking the AllenMarine Misty Fjords boat trip this time. We hear it is also quite good, although not as breathtaking as the flight.

All of these options sound great however if you are no lucky with weather, the boat trip or the flightseeing seems like a waste! :(

I did just email Michelle at Island Wings to inquire about this tour? Can you tell me a bit more about it, how long was the stop over etc please :)

Michelle's website michelle@islandwings.com should answer all your questions. She is great at putting you at ease and answering questions about the area and what you are seeing from the plane. The actual flight was about 2 hours and our stop was about 30 minutes. It is an amazing experience landing in a remote area of Alaska and hearing absolute quiet. The scenery goes beyond breathtaking! It was one of the most inspiring moments in my trip to Alaska. Michelle will only fly if conditions are right for viewing. If she feels she cannot provide a quality experience, the trip will be cancelled. This happened to us on another one of our trips. We got off the ship and met the van and were told that the trip was cancelled. We were disappointed, of course, but also grateful that good judgement was used as to safety and the quality of the experience.

Archived