Cabs at Barcelona Airport

timgram

Should we prebook a transfer from the Barcelona airport to our hotel in town or are cabs plentiful? There will be 3 of us traveling and 5 large suitcases and carryons (I know, we don't travel light) so we would probably need a minivan. Will that be impossible to get at the airport upon arrival? Does anyone know about how much it would be for a cab to the Eixample part of town? Thanks.

Cabs are readily available at BCN. You should be able to find a mini-van. Just beware of pickpockets and luggage thieves. A friend found her carry-on missing upon arrival at her hotel - apparently taken in the shuffle upon boarding a taxi.

Should we prebook a transfer from the Barcelona airport to our hotel in town or are cabs plentiful? There will be 3 of us traveling and 5 large suitcases and carryons (I know, we don't travel light) so we would probably need a minivan. Will that be impossible to get at the airport upon arrival? Does anyone know about how much it would be for a cab to the Eixample part of town? Thanks.

There are "Concierge Type" people in the Barcelona Airport who will arrange for what they call a "Special Type Taxi" via telephone at no cost to you.

A word of caution, however, you'll want to grab one of those people and arrange for that taxi as soon as you get to the luggage area (not AFTER you claim your bags), as these "Concierge Types" scurry off to the next plane arriving VERY quickly.

Expect to pay from 30 to 50 Euro's for the Taxi fare, depending on the location of your hotel (Eixample is quite a large area) and the traffic in town that day.

I hope that this helped- Enjoy your cruise :D

We did TA last year and spent extra time in Barcelona. I prebooked our taxi to BCN from our hotel since we had an early flight. The cost was 40 euro for 2 of us. He arrived on time, came in to the hotel for us and got our luggage. It was a nice vehicle and a good driver. Here is the link and I would not hesitate to use them again. http://www.suntransfers.com/

Another helpful site for finding out about taxis is http://www.ihatetaxis.com

It has helpful information for anumber of airports worldwide.

Happy sailing.:)

Archived