We Found A Camera Bag With Memory Cards!

LGA2CHS

We found someone's camera bag with 2 memory cards in our taxi leaving the port in San Juan on April 3rd! Both memory cards are 256mb, one Kodak and the other blue and looks like it says Dane-Elec. Driver was heavy set and had crutches in front seat if that helps.

Let me know if this is yours and I'll mail it out to you. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to find out who this might belong to would be most helpful.

Just a thought, have you tried looking at the photos? You may find some information in the photos that help identify the owners. Also if the owner filled out a warranty card for the camera, you could contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer should be able to contact the owner.

We found someone's camera bag with 2 memory cards in our taxi leaving the port in San Juan on April 3rd! Both memory cards are 256mb, one Kodak and the other blue and looks like it says Dane-Elec. Driver was heavy set and had crutches in front seat if that helps.

Let me know if this is yours and I'll mail it out to you. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to find out who this might belong to would be most helpful.

This might be a long shot but you could find out what ships were in port and contact the cruise lines. Looking at the pictures might also tell you what ship they were on, which would narrow it down more. I imagine that the owners are devastated to lose their photos.

Seems like I remember reading about someone leaving a camera.......no it wasn't leaving it in a cab.....they claimed the person in security may have stolen it. I will see if I can find the post and where they were.

Wow, what a nice person you are!

I have no suggestions :(

I just wanted you to know I think there should be more people like you!

Try posting on the main forum once you figure out what ship it was. I don't think they would pull a thread like that.

Best of luck,

Bobbie

Just a thought, have you tried looking at the photos? You may find some information in the photos that help identify the owners. Also if the owner filled out a warranty card for the camera, you could contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer should be able to contact the owner.

We will, just wanted to give some basic information first before we went looking for clues!;) There was not a camera in the bag just the memory cards. Thanks for the suggestions.

This might be a long shot but you could find out what ships were in port and contact the cruise lines. Looking at the pictures might also tell you what ship they were on, which would narrow it down more. I imagine that the owners are devastated to lose their photos.

Good idea, I think there was a RC ship in port that day. I do hope it was a cruiser who surfs these boards and not someone who just went on vacation in PR and didn't cruise.

Seems like I remember reading about someone leaving a camera.......no it wasn't leaving it in a cab.....they claimed the person in security may have stolen it. I will see if I can find the post and where they were.

Thanks and please let me know if you find anything out.

Wow, what a nice person you are!

I have no suggestions :(

I just wanted you to know I think there should be more people like you!

Try posting on the main forum once you figure out what ship it was. I don't think they would pull a thread like that.

Best of luck,

Bobbie

Well thank you Bobbie! What kind words. I think we're going to need to break down and do some detective work and view the memory cards and see if we can gather some information to help us solve this puzzle.

Have a great one!

• 2 weeks later...

What a challenge to find the owner!

Just a few thoughts - I'm trying to be a bit analytical:

I don't think that the owner would mind you looking at the cards. If you loose your wallet the first thing one does is look for a name and address in it.

If you don't have the facility to read the cards, you could go to an internet cafe or library and see if they had a universal card reader.

If you can get to the photos, you could perhaps put a photo of someone from the card on this board to see if anyone recognises them.

If you can get to the photo files, in Windows, right click on Properties, then Summary. This has the date the photo was taken and also the type of camera.

Just a thought - the person may never have been in the taxi - it may have been stolen and the thief took the camera and ditched the bag as it would be identifiable. If the driver was on crutches the bag might have been in the taxi a while, or was it very obvious when you found it?

I clearly watch too many detective shows!

I'm going to put some details in my camera bag right now as I had never thought that if it was seperated from me there is no way to trace me.

Good Luck

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Another way to see the pictures is to take it to your local drugstore that will develop film from memory cards. Then you can view them on the screen but you don't have to buy them. Then if you want to, you can buy one with people to post to see if anyone recognizes them.

Also, a friend or co-worker may have the same type of camera and have the correct hardware/software to view the memory card.

My son left his retainers on our ship, I called the cruise line and filed a claim. They gave me a claim number. So, I'm only assuming that's what another cruiser would do or with the cab company. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble to track down the different cruise lines/cab companies. True, there needs to be more people like you!Awhile back I created little contact labels and stuck those to all of our camera equipment, including disposables.

Archived