Antiguan Experience

njaloha

Thanks so much for the quick responses. i know what you mean by the distanc is all relative to the individual's mobility. It seems that we would do best to get a taxi for a private tour -- my DH is 300 lbs and quite tall but due to health problems can't walk too far. Last time we were in Antigua he didn't get off the ship -- I did, But I can't remember the distance to the taxi area or tour bus area. Look forward to seeing photo.

Any suggestions on what could see in Antigua would be appreciated.

There are quite a few things Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Fig Tree Drive. What we did was tell the driver that we wanted to see some of the must see sights. My Mom has a bad hip so we asked for him to omit anything that was a long walk or rocky terrain. He was very obliging and made sure we saw lots including where Eric Clapton lives.

On our recent trip there were 8 of us, DH, myself, my brother and SIL and 4 friends. We are a younger group and went to the beach. Same thing asked our cab driver for a great beach. She took us to a great grocery store first to get cold drinks and snacks then to the beach.

One piece of advice, any good cab driver will agree to being paid on their return. On all the islands we toured the drivers got paid when they picked us up, this way you know they will be there. If they are good they make you this offer, you usually don't have to.

Archived