POAm 14 - 28 January 12

born2cruize

Thanks for all of your thoughts and advice, we will be sailing POA for the first time in a few weeks.

My questions is: did you rent your Thrifty car in advance? Wondering also about the "surprise" deal? Did Thrifty offer to pick you up at the dock or did you have to find your own way to the rental agency?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, we did pre-reserve our cars in both Hilo and Kahului. But originally we had booked Maui for the 16th and Hilo for the 24th until I realized that the 16th was a holiday and some of the small stores we like in Lahania might be closed. So about a week before we left I cancelled the original reservations and rebooked for the 17th and 23rd.

In both cases we got a Dodge Caravan for the surprise deal. I'm not a Dodge person but they were OK.

In all ports except Kona ALL the car rental companies send shuttles to the pier to pick you up. BTW in both Kahului and Hilo Thrifty shares the same shuttle with Dollar rental.

I believe the sailby may have been cancelled due to the southward winds blowing VOG off shore. According to the VNP website, the lava continues to flow into the ocean.

Actually today the winds are coming from the East as we are having VOG in Kona and again we did not sail by Kilauea.

Actually today the winds are coming from the East as we are having VOG in Kona and again we did not sail by Kilauea.

On the January 1-7 sailing, we went by Kilauea but there was nothing to see. We were all up on the upper decks waiting for the show when they came over the speaker and said, sorry, folks, nothing to see tonight. It was really disappointing because it had been so active in the weeks immediately before. I wonder if anyone saw anything the last couple of weeks, or if it's been dead since December? People who took the helicopter tour that day (Jan. 3) said they couldn't see any active lava anywhere on the island.

OK - here it is: did your cabin have a coffeepot in it? Or was it a hotpot?

We sail on March 3, and I am wondering if I should tote along my coffee filters and coffee fixings.

I am not a big fan of NCL's coffee in the dining rooms.

Thank you so much!

No coffee pot. They do not allow hot plates or anything that can be a fire hazard.

OK - here it is: did your cabin have a coffeepot in it? Or was it a hotpot?

We sail on March 3, and I am wondering if I should tote along my coffee filters and coffee fixings.

I am not a big fan of NCL's coffee in the dining rooms.

Thank you so much!

We were on the POA in early December and had a basic coffee maker in our balcony cabin. It may depend on the cabin category whether you have a coffee maker or robes.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody have 2012 pdf menus of main dining rooms on poa. I am unable to get born2cruize menus up on computer.

Because the menus are pdf's in high quality (they're scanned at 300 dpi) it may take a while to load if you're on an older machine. Plus you probably need Adobe Reader and its web browser plug-in or something equivalent to view the files.

Because the menus are pdf's in high quality (they're scanned at 300 dpi) it may take a while to load if you're on an older machine. Plus you probably need Adobe Reader and its web browser plug-in or something equivalent to view the files.

Just curious...are you planning to update the 2012 Freestyle Dailies? Your site is so helpful for planning!!:)

Just curious...are you planning to update the 2012 Freestyle Dailies? Your site is so helpful for planning!!:)

I'm going through some health issues that have limited my computer time. I have the first 3 days linked. The second week will only be Freestyle dailies because the inserts are the same as the first week.

Archived