Does anyone have pictures of the SE Forward Penthouse Suites on the Star?

FEckeT

We would love to see pictures of the Forward SE Penthouse Suites on the Star since the Star was refurbished last year? Would greatly appreciate it if these photos could be posted or emailed.

After much thought and discussion we finally decided on this category for our next cruise.

It seems as if the deck plans of the Jewel/Gem/Pearl ships are much different than the Star. Even the pictures of the Dawn appear to be a little different. These differences have us flipping back and forth between two cabins.

Now we just need to decide between cabins 9500 and 10000.

We are especially interested in seeing pictures of the area inside the cabin by the balcony door and window as well as the balcony itself for each room.

Please correct us if we are wrong, we are assuming that the entry, bed and bathroom areas are the same in all 8 of these suites, is that correct?

Do you have any cabin or deck preferences and why?

Thank you very much for your pictures, opinions and guidance.

:) :)

FEckeT at msn dot com

I don't have the pictures, but did look at some on another web site. 9500 has a much larger balcony, but smaller room and of course the reverse in 1000. 1000 has much smaller balcony, but a significantly larger room. Depends on which is more important to you. We would take 1000 because of the room size.

The Jade has a very similar layout. I wouldn't say the balcony is much smaller in 10000 than the others. We were in 10500 on the Jade, which is the mirror of 10000. The balcony space was more than enough for 2 loungers and a table. There were also 2 regular chairs, but we kept them stacked in a corner to give a little more space, but you would still be able to have the chairs out and have enough room to move around. The interior space is a bit larger than the other suites in this category because the cabin has a section in the living area that juts out with the lines of the bridge above, so you have basically have a floor to ceiling bay window area. I would definitely pick 10000 or 10500 over any of the others in this category. I personally think these 2 cabins should be a separate category above the others.

Are you cancelling the Gem 6/2/12?---you started our Meet & Greet......

Yes, we canceled the Gem, even though I started the roll call. Originally I booked the Gem last January because it was so affordable and because there will be a full moon on Monday June 4, 2012. It is so relaxing to sit on our aft balcony looking at the moon reflecting on the water. That we are sad to be giving up.

If you read post #18 on the roll call, I asked if anybody wanted our 10th deck aft (B1) balcony. No one responded. I will go back and post that we have switched ships.

We switched mainly because we have already done the Bahamas itinerary but also because DH said he always wanted to go to Bermuda. As it turned out, we were able to book a forward penthouse suite for less than $350 total of what we were paying for the Bahamas.

Actually, we both tried to surprise each other by booking the suite to give each other as presents. So now we have a deposit on both rooms (he booked one, and I booked the other). We are trying to make our final decision so we can call to cancel one and move the deposit to the other one. I would like to do this as soon as possible and not wait until final payment.

This will be our first time on the Star; first time on the front of the ship; first time in a suite and the first time in Bermuda. :D

Which cabin to keep? Which cabin to cancel? That is why I asked for pictures since it was refurbished. All the pictures I was able to pull up were from before. NCL gave me the size of each cabin and balcony. But let's face it, if you were to call about the aft/stern cabins, they will quote you the same size for each of the 3 different decks even though the 10th deck has a larger balcony.

The PCC's for NCL can only quote what the computer tells them, here on CC the posters actually were in the cabin to report what they saw along with pictures. First hand experience.

Thank you for noticing that we switched.

:)

If you check out post 9 on this link you'll see photos of 10000 from 2009. This should give you some idea of layout and balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510875&highlight=star+9500

Here is a link to my pictures on webshot of cabin 10000 from our 2009 cruise.

http://community.webshots.com/user/3dblouder/profile

Just a FYI this was a noisy cabin you could hear them moving the bar stools they use on the bridge day and night and the ceiling tiles would rattle if the Balcony door was open.

3dblouder:)

• 4 weeks later...
The Jade has a very similar layout. I wouldn't say the balcony is much smaller in 10000 than the others. We were in 10500 on the Jade, which is the mirror of 10000. The balcony space was more than enough for 2 loungers and a table. There were also 2 regular chairs, but we kept them stacked in a corner to give a little more space, but you would still be able to have the chairs out and have enough room to move around. The interior space is a bit larger than the other suites in this category because the cabin has a section in the living area that juts out with the lines of the bridge above, so you have basically have a floor to ceiling bay window area. I would definitely pick 10000 or 10500 over any of the others in this category. I personally think these 2 cabins should be a separate category above the others.

You just made my day; we've got 10500 on the Star 4/8/12 out of Tampa. We had an Aft suite to Bermuda on the Dawn and loved it, so it'll be interesting to compare.

• 3 months later...
Here is a link to my pictures on webshot of cabin 10000 from our 2009 cruise.

http://community.webshots.com/user/3dblouder/profile

Just a FYI this was a noisy cabin you could hear them moving the bar stools they use on the bridge day and night and the ceiling tiles would rattle if the Balcony door was open.

3dblouder:)

I am looking at booking cabin 9500 or 10500 on the Star. I am a light sleeper of noise is a problem for me. When I viewed the deck plans I was concerned about the bridge being above the cabin. Noisy, like real bad?

I live just west of Chicago, been sailing with Celebrity this would be my first one on NCL.

Thanks

John

Hello,

I asked for pictures of 10000 on the Star on another thread and Ms Coka was kind enough to reply as follows:

Hi Annie, Yes, I loved the suite due to the bump out window. The two middle bump outs are different from the others in the same category. This cabin has more space inside and more natural light during the daytime. Curtains must be closed at night to not give a glare on the bridge guys' water views. The balcony is not as big as the others next to them or on deck 9 below. I have sailed in a 9500 on the Pearl and a 10500 on the Jewel so I knew the difference. One thing I noticed on the Star was a steel bar jutted out rim from the deck above...which interrupted my sunning moments. I would wake up and find a bar shadow across my face, my leg, or tummy. Know there is not a lot privacy if someone on the bridge is right up at the window looking down below. I was never naked so that did not happen. haha.

I took a four pictures throughout the entire week. Here they are:

coka :D

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=224904&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1331248736 attachment.php?attachmentid=224905&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1331248736 attachment.php?attachmentid=224906&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1331248736 attachment.php?attachmentid=224907&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1331248736

Archived