Tenders question?

umieesa

Okay, sorry for all the dumb questions, but being my first cruise still not sure what to expect :o

Not sure if princess cays is the only port where they will be needing tenders, but my question is am I able to bring a stroller onto the tenders? I'm thinking no, but thought I'd ask!

Thanks to everyone for putting up with all my questions! :)

Okay, sorry for all the dumb questions, but being my first cruise still not sure what to expect :o

Not sure if princess cays is the only port where they will be needing tenders, but my question is am I able to bring a stroller onto the tenders? I'm thinking no, but thought I'd ask!

No Problem taking a stroller on the tenders. Enjoy your 1st cruise.

I've seen them load wheelchairs onto the tenders. It's quite a process, but they manage with a smile. I guess strollers could be taken on as well. But, at Princess Cays it is mostly sand, so not sure how useful the stroller will be.

I have no children or gkids, so maybe someone with some firsthand knowledge will post shortly. Obviously Josy and I were posting at the same time. Glad you got your answer.

Have a great first cruise - you'll most likely be hooked like we all are!

Yes. You can bring a stroller. That shouldn't be a problem. When you go to the tender, a platform is deployed to which the tender is tied up. The tender itself has a flat platform onto which you walk; then you go down about three steps to the benches. Even wheelchairs are able to manage a tender. If the seas are choppy, the tender and platform probably won't be at the same height but there are two crew members to assist each passenger.

Yes, you can take the stroller. Be mindful fellow passengers won't be happy. :mad: But that said, once you get to Princess Cay it is 90% sand. It's not like you will be able to push the baby around much.
I assume they would be holding the baby and carrying the folded stroller (it would have to be a small, umbrella-like stroller.) They will have to go down the steps and sit on the benches. There isn't any room for a child in any kind of a stroller (you are literally knee-to-knee with those sitting opposite) and they won't be allowed to stand on the platform nor can they leave the stroller there. Even wheelchairs are locked and strapped down for safety.

I've seen them load wheelchairs onto the tenders. It's quite a process, but they manage with a smile. I guess strollers could be taken on as well. But, at Princess Cays it is mostly sand, so not sure how useful the stroller will be.

I have no children or gkids, so maybe someone with some firsthand knowledge will post shortly. Obviously Josy and I were posting at the same time. Glad you got your answer.

Have a great first cruise - you'll most likely be hooked like we all are!

Well, I agree Princess Cays is mostly sand because, after all, it is a beach. However, there are sidewalks running vertical to the beach both to the left and right of where the tenders let you off. I would say to the OP, you shouldn't have a problem. Once someone finds where you might want to be on the beach, you can then carry your little one and the stroller to that spot. I have nieces with little ones and it seems strollers these days are so much more lightweight than they used to be.

As far as the tenders, as stated by others you won't have any problems taking a stroller on and your fellow passengers will be just fine.

Enjoy your day at Princess Cays.

We took our bugaboo stroller on the tender in November. We kept our little one in the stroller going over but there were only a couple of others on the tender so it didn't matter, we would have folded it had there been any issue with space. As someone else mentioned, there is a path that runs along so you don't have to spend the whole time in the sand...although the sand wasn't a big deal with the bugaboo.

Archived