Atlantis Lazy River Closed?

andnickali

My husband and I are heading to Nassau in February and we have booked a room through Comfort Suites. As we are traveling with three other couples that have never been to Atlantis they are concerned about the pool/lazy river water temperatures. Upon researching the water temp question I came across a post from someone in September stating a lifeguard mentioned the lazy river was going to be closed. Has anybody recently been to Atlantis and can they advise on the status of the lazy river and the temperatures of the pools?

Much appreciate input from any recent cruisers!!!!

My husband and I are heading to Nassau in February and we have booked a room through Comfort Suites. As we are traveling with three other couples that have never been to Atlantis they are concerned about the pool/lazy river water temperatures. Upon researching the water temp question I came across a post from someone in September stating a lifeguard mentioned the lazy river was going to be closed. Has anybody recently been to Atlantis and can they advise on the status of the lazy river and the temperatures of the pools?

Much appreciate input from any recent cruisers!!!!

There are 2 very different rides. The Lazy River is the original lazy river ride that is near the Beach towers. It's slow and relaxing. This is usually closed in the slow season.. and will likely be closed when you are there.

The CURRENT is what most people refer to as the lazy river. It's part of the water park and is far from LAZY.. this ride, have been up and running for the most part (although they have had a few issues this year, but I think it's been running lately.).

There are sections of this that seem to be heated, and some not so much.. so it can get chilly at time depending on the days temps and breeze.

Some pools are heated (not warm, but not freezing).. and some are not. You'll notice the heated ones are the once with the most people around them.

That's great to hear. I have always read about the 'current' and 'lazy river' knowing they were two different rides, but didn't know if they were connected somehow. When we were there two years ago we must have spent all of our time in the current- as I didn't even seen another lazy river.

We are definitely looking forward to returning for the day- now I'll just keep my fingers crossed for HOT weather!

Archived